• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silly Question but I would like your thoughts on it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

So, with my current system in my signature. If someone were to offer me $1500-$1900 to sell it do you guys think it would be worth selling it and building a new system? Only ask because someone commented on my system and are looking for a gaming rig. The new case give it a very nice appeal I guess. :D

$1500, probably not unless you just want to build a new system.
$1900, yeah.

$1500, probably not unless you just want to build a new system.
$1900, yeah.

If your opinion what would be the minimum amount that you would consider base on the specs and stuff. lol Just trying to get an idea because if he really want it. I can then give him a price. After all I know he is ready to drump $1500 on a custom system.

By the way I do have the building bug on me right now too. XD

Hey that is not a bad system at all. Would you ever consider an AMD FX chipset over the Intel or is it better to just stick with the Intel instead?

Depends on the usage. Typically the 4790K will be faster, easier to OC, and easier to cool.

okay cool. Intel, What are your thoughs on having the 295x2 instead of the 980 for the GPU?

okay cool. Intel, What are your thoughs on having the 295x2 instead of the 980 for the GPU?

a 295x2 will slaughter a 980 in everything but heat and power usage.... at a significant price premium as well.

actually, the price isn't ridiculous any more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202108

on the flip side, a 980 sli will crush the 295 as well.

Wait until the r9 380x comes out before you buy anything imo.

a 295x2 will slaughter a 980 in everything but heat and power usage.... at a significant price premium as well.

actually, the price isn't ridiculous any more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202108

on the flip side, a 980 sli will crush the 295 as well.

Wait until the r9 380x comes out before you buy anything imo.

True, I am not to worried about the r9 380x at the moment. I was considering doing a 290X 8GB CF with DX12 stacking the memory would be pretty awesome~! plus DX12 is showing some love for the 290X GPUs. :D

True, I am not to worried about the r9 380x at the moment. I was considering doing a 290X 8GB CF with DX12 stacking the memory would be pretty awesome~! plus DX12 is showing some love for the 290X GPUs. :D

Hope you like a space heater for a computer, just saying.

Hope you like a space heater for a computer, just saying.

LOL my room stay below 68 almost all the time. Hahaha! I can't heat it up even when I want to. ;) Now I tell you what will, my Cisco lab will due to the many switches I own.

LOL my room stay below 68 almost all the time. Hahaha! I can't heat it up even when I want to. ;) Now I tell you what will, my Cisco lab will due to the many switches I own.

600W of GPU's would heat up your room for sure.

True, my buddy might be sending me a fairly new XFX DD R9 270X 2GB which I might CF the one I have on my wife rig or sell it and save up so I can grab another MSI R9 290X Lightning for my current system. Decisions, decisions.

Sell the darn thing and get yourself a nice little AMD system!!

Hahaha, I was thinking if I sold this system to make a AMD FX-9590 with the XFX 295x2, 1300watt PSU and ASUS Crosshair V Formula AMD 990FX ROG Motherboard. But we will see if I want to go that route.

Hahaha, I was thinking if I sold this system to make a AMD FX-9590 with the XFX 295x2, 1300watt PSU and ASUS Crosshair V Formula AMD 990FX ROG Motherboard. But we will see if I want to go that route.

Again, it depends on what the system will be used for.

Again, it depends on what the system will be used for.

Gaming, Video Editing, Audio Productions like audio recording and stuff. I have a small studio. :) with the occasion of web design and graphic stuff. :D So in other words muti-core is needed 6-8 if possible.

Gaming, Video Editing, Audio Productions like audio recording and stuff. I have a small studio. :) with the occasion of web design and graphic stuff. :D So in other words muti-core is needed 6-8 if possible.

Gaming - Intel.
What software for the editing?

Edit: Also, this is more similar to what you run now: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PfBMgs

Last edited:
Gaming - Intel.
What software for the editing?

Edit: Also, this is more similar to what you run now: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PfBMgs

That is a pretty nice setup there bud. Thanks! But yes below are the programs I use here and there depending on what I am doing.

Video Editing -Adobe Premiere, Lightworks, and testing SONY Vega now.
Audio Recording - Cubase, Propellerhead Reason, Audicity, Fruity Loops, Orion and a bunch of VSTi.
Broadcasting - OBS,
Photo Editing - Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Inkscape
Network Lab - GNS3, Oracle VM VirtualBox, VMware Horizon View, Wireshark, and more...

Picture gives you an idea what I deal with for hobby and side work. XD

My Studio 1080x1920.jpg

Last edited:
Back