• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Slow Ram Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ActivatedLemon

Registered
Greetings,

I thought I would preface this by letting yall know that my level of computer knowledge is intermediate. I built my computer, but I have no knowledge of memory settings.

I am running into confusion with regards to my ram speed. My ram is rated at 1600mhz but it is running at 800mhz. I know that my mobo supports up to 1333mhz but it says you can OC to 1866mhz. And the integrated memory controller on my processor supports 1333mhz as well (I'm not sure if the integrated memory controller is related, but all of this information is according to newegg). My question then, is why can't I at least run 1333mhz, if not the full 1600?:confused: Everything is normal in the bios; the memory speed is given at 1720mhz (with FSB boost). But when I check the speeds within the OS, it reads 800mhz. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Also, all of the timings are off of what they are supposed to be according to the specifications, and I have changed nothing.

I have uploaded my dxdiag file for all of my system information, as well as screenshots of my readings within windows. The only overclocking that I have done is pushed the HT ref clock to 215. That is why the readings will be faster than stock specifications. If I have left anything out, please let me know. And thanks for any help in advance.

-Matt

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    73.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36 KB · Views: 47
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    25.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG