• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sonotube sub again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

i was in home depot the other day and ran across the large cardboard tubes. Quik-Tube at the HD, but often referred to as sonotube.

Anyways, ive been looking to build a subwoofer setup for some time, im slowly gathering parts...

now i have a goos section (looks like 4-5 feet from here) 12" wide. The 12" subwoofer, with cage, easily fits inside this tube...and i muesured that at 13" across. Odd.

Anyways, this is an MTX 200/400 12" roadthunder. How do i go about mounting this thing to the sonotube, and how big would be optimal? this needs to fit in my trunk, so 4' is probably pushing it.

i googled around and cant find any of the HOWTO's i was looking at before...
Oh, and whats the deal with sealed/unsealed? i know nothing about this.

To get correct enclosure sizes you will need the Theile Small parameters for the woofer. The MTX site should have them. Then use a program like WinISD to figure out what optimum enclosure dimensions would be.
Then cut the tube so that it has the same Volume.

Back