• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck at “Verifying DMI Pool Data..” Epox 8KDA3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LBJGH

I currently have a unique Athlon64 (3100+) on an 8KDA3+.

The board came with bios version 05/05/2004 and identified the CPU as a 2900+ and runs the CPU at the correct 9x200=1800mhz.

With bios 05/05/2004 I found that I could not save any of the CPU tweaking settings, i.e. HT speed, multipliers or DRAM settings.

I used the windows-based flash utility to check for updates and flashed the bios to the latest version, 05/14/2004. The bios flashed successfully but now I can’t get beyond the “Verifying DMI Pool Data..” at startup.

I’ve thought I may have had a bad flash so I used the alt-F2 method and flashed from a floppy disk (again successfully) but I’m still stuck at the “Verifying DMI Pool Data..”

The LED indicates and error 96 which according to the manual may be,

- Build MP table
- Build & update ESCD
- Set CMOS century 20h or 19h
- Load CMOS time into DOS time tick
- Build MSIRQ routing table

I tried setting the bios to “fail-safe” and “optimum”, cleared the CMOS jumper and manually set the PCI irq to reserved and auto. I even added a PCI card thinking that the CMOS would update the ESCD but the system is still fubar’d.

I am now thinking that the new bios doesn’t recognize the 3100+ but I can’t find bios 05/05/2004 anywhere on the net.

Suggestions?

Tx LBJGH

Epox responded that I should disconnect the HD's and try to boot from a floppy as, ...Generally after the Verifying DMI pool data the system is attempting to boot to a drive. Ensure the boot sequence in the BIOS is properly set to match your configuration. Flashing the BIOS may have change what you had set prior.

If you still get the message try remove the hard drive (unplug the data cable) and boot to a bootable floppy disk. This would determine if its a drive issue or not.

im getting this too... have you ever tried installing windows xp? i'm having problems with that too..

Only bios version 05/14 caused this problem. Every other bios version worked fine.

jaguarxjs9 said:
im getting this too... have you ever tried installing windows xp? i'm having problems with that too..

Back