• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Surface book Nvidia Drivers & response time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Surface Book. I recently picked one up and noticed a few things. Firstly, this laptop has a modified version of the 940MX, I was a little disappointed that Rainbow Six Siege basically wont run well on this laptop. I tried to update my graphics drivers to possibly increase performance. I installed the 940MX drivers and it actually seemed to go down a bit... Anyone know if those are the correct drivers to install or not?

I also noticed that the screen's response time is pretty garbage. I might just be spoiled with 1-5ms response time, but this is horrible for a laptop. Spreadsheets and text looks great on the display, but any movement looks pretty bad. Is there anything I can do to get better response times? I suppose I will just have to deal with that.

Looks like I am going to be keeping my gaming laptop and this one after all!

Correct drivers can be found at the website for the lappy... I don't know offhand what those are or what you may have installed. But that is the first place I would look.

OUtside of that, I don't have one. While you wait, check out some reviews and see if they mention what you saw with the monitor/ghosting.

Back