• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SWG - Help! Noob!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPUonNO2

So I finally broke down and picked up SWG the other day. I've only played a bit the past few days since I've owned it, and most of that was spent getting used to the UI and some control remapping, etc... Now that I'm ready to really get started, I have a problem. I'm totally lost! Jumping into such a massive game that's so far along is tough enough, what's even worse is every guide I read is either ridiculously out dated (like, beta) or they're written under the assumption that the reader is very familiar with the ins and outs of the game. Someone help! Now, I know I'll get flamed for this, but my goal when purchasing the game was to make a Jedi, so that's my ultimate goal here. It's really the only reason I purchased the game, and it's not so I can be "uber" or "l33t" or any of that silly garbage, it's just my personal preference, like playing my Ranger in EQ. Anyway, to get back on topic, I realize that I should take some time to get familiar with the aforementioned ins and outs of the game before I take on a project like becoming a Jedi, but I feel that there isn't any reason I can't accomplish something towards my goal while learning the game. I have some main questions to get me started, but ANY information is extremely helpful, so please, share any info you have! My main questions are:

In one guide it suggests completing the "New Players Quests" in Mos Eisley for "content badges". Are these the quests given by the random NPC's with the information symbol above their heads?

Is there a "best" profession to master for an aspiring Jedi?

When you "unlock FS" does your current character become FS, or does it open a slot for a new FS character?

How do I keep from entering "free look" mode when I'm in ship combat? I play in first person mode, and the default settings make it impossible to fire on a target...

Why is my BARC speeder worth so much, and should I sell it?

These are all I can really think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure more questions will come up. Again, if anyone has any helpful information I would really appreciate it! Also, my char's name is Dext and I'm on Valcyn if anyone wants to drop me a line. TIA!

Last edited:
Back