• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sythe gentle typhoons as case fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
38mm thick YL's are decent, but noise/cfm/pressure wise they aren't optimal. They are cheap, but having swiftech helix pwm fans for 8usd I find it hard to reccomend them.

Ya i'm always looking for new fan brands, those Swiftechs look interesting and I would trust a company so known for their WC parts. My 3 new Masscools (that max at 2700RPM) im not so satisfied with, they're much louder than my Yate Loon High Speed which is quieter at 3200RPM than the masscool is at 2700 ... -_-

Yeah, bearing noise, or something to do with the blade design. Perhaps they vibrate or resonate on your case. Undervolt them and presto...IF they like running 7v or 5v though, you never know.

I have no idea what's up with them, one of them I have set vertically to blow out the top of my cosmos II is perfect, a little louder than the Yate Loon but not unbearable, I'm gonna hook it to the motherboard instead of the fan controller and set it to only ramp up when the CPUs get hot.

But two others I have on the door to push air toward the GTX 670 (and for the future GTX 670s... or 780, or whatever) make this horrible high pitched whining sound. I even hooked them up the Cosmos IIs fan controller, the same as the 'working' fan, set them on low and they still made this horrible noise.

Hooked to the mobo they still made the horrible whining sound. I'm going to try to the PSU's molex next, see if that helps -_- but I have my doubts.

Back