• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TBred B XP2100+ works GREAT on KT7 non-A without ANY mods!! Running at 2.3GHz now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hehehehe

This may come useful for ABIT KT7a v1.0 users

This week I replaced my old Tbird 1000 on KT7a v1.0 MoBo with TbredB 2100+ AIUHB. I've flashed the Bios with OC-Masters A9 version (Thank you OC-Master).
After a little testing at 100Mhz FSB I tried the 133Mhz FSB settings. ONLY If I set the multiplier to 9x (actually is 17x) everything works just fine at 133FSB.
At setting 17x133Mhz=2261MHz, core voltage is set to 1.725V and I/O to 3.40V.
PCI/AGP speed is normal at 33/66Mhz.
CPU temperature is 45degC on idle and 51degC after 10mins full load cooled with Zalman 6000ALCu.
OS is WinXP pro SP1

OC-Masters A.9 Bios SOFTMenu III settings:
9x, 133/33Mhz, FSB plus = 0, Disabled, Default, Increase
CoreV=1.725V, I/O=3.4V
Fast, Manual, 3, Enabled, Enabled, HostCLK, Disabled, Disabled

RAM is PC133, CL3,0, 4way interleave etc.

http://users.volja.net/xenon74/OC/[email protected]
http://users.volja.net/xenon74/OC/SIS03 CPUaritmethic.jpg
http://users.volja.net/xenon74/OC/SIS03 MOBOinfo.jpg

donati said:

Any idea how to get lower than 1.5ghz?
(KT7-Raid & XP2400+)
Do i need to do the wire trick?

I want to try passive cooling, and with 1.5ghz & 1.225V i get 28C at idle, with a Zalman CNPS6000Cu (http://www.m-e.dk/shop/productinfo.asp?id=5052).
28C is with the fan mounted, and set to the slowest speed (i think ~1200rpm).

If i remove the fan, the cpu temp rises to above 58C in about 15min. and then it fails Prime95.

Im a hoping 1.1 - 1.3ghz will allow me to go passive :)
nope, it won't.

it might work for an hour or so but after some time it fails, because the temperature is constantly rising, not fast, but still rising...

you need airflow. airflow by casefans or cpu fan, it doesnt matter in such a low cpu speed, but you need airflow nevertheless

Hello, I still have a MSI K7T266 pro 2 mobo, with VIA KT266A chipset. I ever tried a Tbred 2100 but it didnt work. Are there any mods for this board to get a tbred working?

hello all, i am new to this forum as well as to overclocking in general. ive been lurking for the past week or so and this place seems to be pleasant and very informative. i look forward to contributing.

ive read through this thread and decided to revive my abit kt7araid

i picked up an ecs/2200 combo at frys since the price was right and i needed a cheap mobo anyways. i was unable to flash my bios with ocmaster's but was able to flash it with abit's kt7_9a beta. the pc wouldnt boot, no signal sent to monitor. even after clearing cmos by way of the jumper.

so i put the chip back on the ecs mobo in the other pc, and after finishing the software install it refused to boot. back to frys it went and i picked up a 2400/ecs for a bit more. took it home and slapped it into the secondary pc and finished the setup. reread some of the thread and decided to try the 2400 in my abit. slapped it in and booted up fine, 1500 unknown cpu, didnt need to clear cmos, but had it set at 1xxx(100)

came back to this thread and upon seeing reports of success at 133 i went back and set it at;

cpu op speed 1333 (133)
multiplier factor x10
cpu fsb/pci clock 133/33
cpu fsb plus mhz 0
speed error hold disabled
method in linear funct increase
cpu ps cpu default
core volt 1.650v
i/o volt 3.40v
fast cpu command decode normal
output drive control auto
enhance chip perf disabled
force 4way interweave disabled
enable dram 4k disabled
autodetect dimm/pci clk enabled
spread spectrum mod disabled

using sandra my temps were at
board temp=24.1
cpu temp=27.2
power/aux temp=41.9

using bios
cpu was at 40
sys at 26

now sandra says cpu tem is 28.1

here is what im running
abit kt7araid (isa slot reads KT7ARTIB000254 if that tells you what bios ver it was?)
cpu oem box reads AXDA2400KV3C
cooled by slim volcano 8 thermaltake from frys

2 sticks of crucial 256mb 133 dram
1 stick of 128mb crucial 133 dram

i was wondering if the settings i have are safe? i just want to optimize my system using the 2400. i do not run any intensive software, most taxing would probably be photoshop 6.
what temps would be safe? any suggestions on changing the settings in bios or what options should be set to what?

any help would be much appreciated!

I think Sandra confuses temperatures:
Power/aux temp is actually CPU temp and
CPU temp is actually sys/board temperature
That means your're running CPU at 40-42degC and board at 26-27degC.
You didn't specify at what exact frequency you're running your CPU?

Xenon74 said:
OC-Masters A.9 Bios SOFTMenu III settings:
9x, 133/33Mhz, FSB plus = 0, Disabled, Default, Increase
CoreV=1.725V, I/O=3.4V
Fast, Manual, 3, Enabled, Enabled, HostCLK, Disabled, Disabled

Didn't work for me, my PC restarted while booting or stopped at the WinXP bootscreen.

By the way: In Softmenue III of OC-Masters BIOS there are two items where CPU/PCI clock can be adjusted. What is the difference?

Try increasing the CoreV to 1.75V or maybe even higher (step by step and watch the CPU temperature)
Some kt7a MoBos can't manage full DIMM configuration. If you have all three DIMM slots occupied try releasing the third one (left one). If this is not an option than try less agressive DRAM settings.
You will find more useful data about KT7a Mobo @ http://www.sudhian.com/showfaqs.cfm?fid=2

X74

Xenon74 said:
Try increasing the CoreV to 1.75V or maybe even higher (step by step and watch the CPU temperature)
Some kt7a MoBos can't manage full DIMM configuration. If you have all three DIMM slots occupied try releasing the third one (left one). If this is not an option than try less agressive DRAM settings.

I use 2 Dimm slots (#1 and #2): 2x512MB Apacer/Infineon 133/CL2 DIMMs.

FSB133 doesn't work for me (yet?). Increased VCore step by step up to 1,80V. Systems boots fine but:

Prime95 -> Options -> Benchmark: Immediately freezes the system. Have you ever tried this Prime95 Benchmark (I don't mean the torture test)?

Either you have too aggressive RAM settings or your PSU unit can't handle desired voltage settings, or ....
If it's RAM - try with various settings in bios:
Enhance Chip Performance
Force 4-way interleave
Bank x DRAM Timing (8/10 is the slowest)
DRAM Bank Interleave
Delay DRAM Read Latch (try increasing this value and/or disable it)
MD Driving Strenght (try LO)
SDRAM Cycle Length (Set proper CAS value, 2 or 3 - depends on speed and type of your DRAM)
Fast R-W Turn around (this setting impact on performance but disable it if's unstable)

If your machine is experiencing stability problems and you suspect your SDRAM is the cause of the problem, you will need to set the SDRAM on its most conservative (safest) settings. These settings are: DRAM Clock set at Host CLK
Enhance Chip Performance - disabled
Force 4-way interleave - disabled
Enable DRAM 4k-Page Mode - disabled
Bank x/y DRAM Timing on SDRAM 8/10ns or Medium
DRAM Bank Interleave on Disable
MD Driving Strength - try HI and LO
SDRAM Cycle length on 3
Fast R-W Turn Around on Disable

KT7 and CPU?

very shortly please?

which CPU you suggest me to buy? MBO is Abit KT7 and now I have Duron 800 which should be replaced.
Please explain me how to flash a BIOS 'cause i have old YH BIOS.

I'm amateur so be very detaild oriented.

THX

Re: KT7 and CPU?

argo said:
very shortly please?

Very shortly? Read this thread ;)

1. Get a TBreb "B" 2100, just like me. Take care you get the "B" version of this cpu, because it is definately unlocked.

2. Your "old" bios doesn't affect flashing. Just go ahead and flash with the right parameters. I had to clear CMOS after flashing. In your new bios, switch only to succesfully tested CPU timings (see our timings mentioned before), otherwise you will have to clear CMOS again.

Good luck!

heheh

First of all as a new member to a new member:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

1. I've stumbled accross an option of upgrading my old T-bird less that one month ago. As you did I to asked some questions, but no one responded me. I've read this thread from page one to fifteen and another one on the same site named http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=117836&perpage=30&pagenumber=4 "When reading don't forget to take notes". After that I decided that upgrading is an option and start searching for CPU. I found one used Tbred-B 2100+ designation AIUHB with multiplier unlocked and very good OC potential. After replacing old PSU 250W and caseing the fun began.

2. FLASHING BIOS QUICK TOUR FOR GOOFFY USERS ONLY:
a) Find User's Manual of your MoBo and under Appendix F you will find BIOS Update Guide. Read it very carefully and then take action man!
b) If you don't have User's Manual than go to http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/dow...8000&pTITLE_IMG=/download/images/download.gif where you will find all needed info for flashing your BIOS
WORD OF ADVICE: Check your MoBo model name and number first. If you have Abit KT7a v1.0 mobo then you will find the v1.0 signed on barcode near and not bellow ISA slot.

After restarting from BIOS update your computer will probably hung up. Turn it OFF, pull off the power plug and clear CMOS (Chapter 2, page 2-12 of User's Manual) Wait for minute or two and put jumpers to Normal Operation again. Turn computer on and after beep press DEL to enter BIOS and set it up.
WORD OF ADVICE: Before flashing BIOS with newer version write down every single setting in your old BIOS - 'cause you state you are "an amater" this will come handy later on.
YET ANOTHER WORD OF ADVICE: Flash BIOS with your old CPU in. After you find out that everything works fine only than replace your CPU and probably HeatSink.

have fun
X74

Lupo said:

FSB133 doesn't work for me (yet?). Increased VCore step by step up to 1,80V. Systems boots fine but:

Prime95 -> Options -> Benchmark: Immediately freezes the system. Have you ever tried this Prime95 Benchmark (I don't mean the torture test)?
well it shouldn't. very few of us have been able to get 133MHz to work stable. try 130MHz fsb for instance...

Xenon74 said:
Hey Lupo!
Did you solved the problem?

Not yet. First I changed with VCore - several freezes as result - see above. This weekend I will try what you suggested about my RAM timing. Will post result on tomorrow night.

Teh Dude said:

well it shouldn't. very few of us have been able to get 133MHz to work stable. try 130MHz fsb for instance...

Interesting advice too! After changing my RAM timing I will have my fun with 130 FSB ;)

If both changes fail, I will stay with 20x100FSB=2000Mhz - at that configuration my system is very stable. As I am not that overclocking guru, I can live with "only" 2000Mhz (=XP2400+).

But I really would like to have my FSB at 133 or 130. Just because my KT7a was build for 133 :)

Hello
(sorry about my english first :) )

I have problem, I have ABIT KT7A and Duron Applebred 1400 ... >> it doesn't work :(

how i can startup my system with this new processor?, i read a lot of disscus about this issue and a lot of people haven't any bigger problems with it :(
help

now i have old duron 750 so.... and when i put new cpu into my system do nothing, black monitor no boot

i must do something with cpu or what :/

config:
ABIT KT7A r1.0-1.1
350w psu

1. Switch of PC, unplug power.

2. Then clear CMOS by using the jumper on the mainboard just as described in the KT7A manual. Attention: This will clear all your current BIOS settings!

3. Boot pc, immediately go in to BIOS to adjust the correct settings.

Good luck, Lupo.

The information in this thread is almost too good to be true :) I got a KT7-RAID with a watercooled Tbird 850@1000 that really could need a replacement and as many other people inhere i really like this board :p

Anyway I've read this whole thread *peeewh* but there is just one problem, are the Tbred B's still unlocked?

The XP2400 Tbreds are quite a good bang for the buck right now here in .se (all 2400+ Tbreds are B's right?). But i read in the AMD processor section of this forum that AMD was mulitiple locking all CPU's except the FX series so that scared me of abit...cause i dont wanna be stuck with a 2400+ at 1500 mhz :bang head

/A swede looking forward to get some spanking new speed out of his old KT7!

Back