• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TBred B XP2100+ works GREAT on KT7 non-A without ANY mods!! Running at 2.3GHz now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From earlier posts I recall all 2400+'s are locked. The one I bought recently is locked at multiplier 15 so I could only adjust the FSB. On my KT7A v1.3 I was able to run it at FSB 150 MHz but I didn't want to increase the voltage because of the temperature, so it is now running perfectly stable at 15*140=2100 MHz (i.e. XP 2600+).

Asathor said:
From earlier posts I recall all 2400+'s are locked.

My 2400+ is unlocked.
I now run it at 1Ghz (10 x 100), with passive cooling, but i have used many other multipliers, so it is definately not locked.

UnL0GiC said:
The information in this thread is almost too good to be true :) I got a KT7-RAID with a watercooled Tbird 850@1000 that really could need a replacement and as many other people inhere i really like this board :p

Anyway I've read this whole thread *peeewh* but there is just one problem, are the Tbred B's still unlocked?

The XP2400 Tbreds are quite a good bang for the buck right now here in .se (all 2400+ Tbreds are B's right?). But i read in the AMD processor section of this forum that AMD was mulitiple locking all CPU's except the FX series so that scared me of abit...cause i dont wanna be stuck with a 2400+ at 1500 mhz :bang head

/A swede looking forward to get some spanking new speed out of his old KT7!

You are going to have to buy an unlocked one off eBay, I think they are locked after week 39 of last year or buy a mobile cpu which are all unlocked but are a little more $$..

I also believe all the 2100+TBred B's are unlocked. .

7keys said:

You are going to have to buy an unlocked one off eBay, I think they are locked after week 39 of last year or buy a mobile cpu which are all unlocked but are a little more $$..

I also believe all the 2100+TBred B's are unlocked. .

Thx key thats the kind of fact i wanted!

Asathor said:
From earlier posts I recall all 2400+'s are locked. The one I bought recently is locked at multiplier 15 so I could only adjust the FSB. On my KT7A v1.3 I was able to run it at FSB 150 MHz but I didn't want to increase the voltage because of the temperature, so it is now running perfectly stable at 15*140=2100 MHz (i.e. XP 2600+).

Asathor i'm impressed... :eek: i cant reach over 133mhz..at least i think... can u tell us all the setting u used in your bios? in particular did u use the FSB plus with 100mhz or 133mhz and what multiplier? cpu drive strenght?
Thnaks a lot!!

tuleggi said:

Asathor i'm impressed... :eek: i cant reach over 133mhz..at least i think... can u tell us all the setting u used in your bios? in particular did u use the FSB plus with 100mhz or 133mhz and what multiplier? cpu drive strenght?
Thnaks a lot!!

My current settings are as follows:
  • CPU FSB/PCI Clock: 140/35 MHz
  • CPU FSB Plus (MHz): 0
  • CPU Power Supply: CPU Default (i.e. core: 1.650V)
  • Multiplier: Locked at 15 :(
Since I recently flashed the BIOS the other settings are pretty much the standard values.

Maybe the problem lies in your memory; I've got 512 MB Kingston SDram PC133.

Cheers, Jelle

Asathor said:

My current settings are as follows:
  • CPU FSB/PCI Clock: 140/35 MHz
  • CPU FSB Plus (MHz): 0
  • CPU Power Supply: CPU Default (i.e. core: 1.650V)
  • Multiplier: Locked at 15 :(
Since I recently flashed the BIOS the other settings are pretty much the standard values.

Maybe the problem lies in your memory; I've got 512 MB Kingston SDram PC133.

Cheers, Jelle
i've heard some other guy reaching 150MHz with a 15x multiplier. maybe that 15 is the magic multiplier :cool:

Success kt7a v1.0 & 2400+

I just wanted to thank you guys for breathing new life into my aging computer. I had recently bought an NF7-S and a mobile 2500+ to replace my old KT7A. I had a 1.3ghz althon on it which died due to a small HSF issue :), which I had to replace with a spare Duron 800 that I had floating around. I have been using that machine as a media box, utilizing that much loved TV-Out feature, but it was a bit slow for my tastes.

Anyway, ever since I upgraded, I've been reading a lot of forums, listening to people's experiences and trying out new things and I stumbled across this thread.

So after much reading and research, I grabbed a 2400 TBred B and threw it in. In the words of one of the other posts here: "it went in like it was meant to."

I'm running at 2200 right now (22*100) and things are peachy. I'm having some trouble with Prime95, but Sandra is fine running all night long and I used it all last night fiddling around, so I'm inclined to say that Prime95 is too finicky. A few hours with a game should answer any stability questions I have.

You guys have helped turn my also-ran into a brand new baby!

Thanks again,

Pest

First off: I'm sure you guys might want to take a look at this: http://forums.amdmb.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2169338#post2169338

After reading (most of) this thread I decided to buy a new T-Bred B 2400+ for my KT7A (1.0). However, there are still some questions I have:

- Are ALL T-Bred B 2400+ CPUs unlocked?
- What BIOS would you recommend (original A9, OC Master's hacked one, the one by sy5tem, ...)?
- Will my 300W power supply provide everything with enough power?
- Is there any other advice you might want to give me? :)

Thanks in advance!

-Nope! Only T-Breds B before week 39 are unlocked.
-I tried OC Master's and and another A9 hacked bios with Tbred support included. They're both fine.
-I was "power surge" carefull and replaced 4 year old 250W PSU with new 360W. Your 300W might be just enough, then again maybe not. I can't tell for sure.
-Buy yourself a nice coolling device!

X74

Xenon74 said:
-Nope! Only T-Breds B before week 39 are unlocked.
-I tried OC Master's and and another A9 hacked bios with Tbred support included. They're both fine.
-I was "power surge" carefull and replaced 4 year old 250W PSU with new 360W. Your 300W might be just enough, then again maybe not. I can't tell for sure.
-Buy yourself a nice coolling device!

X74

So, how can I know if THIS CPU is locked or not? And if it actually is locked, how can I unlock it?

Concerning the cooling: I think/hope an SLK 900A + 80mm YS-Tech fan will do. :)

Read this article very carefully as it describes mostly the first part of the code! How to tell them appart

Check Product markings for Athlon XP (Model 8 "Thoroughbred")

http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html

What you need is processor with OPN code:
AXDA 2400 DKV3C

The second part of the stepping code is different for every week.
It goes something like
AIUHB 0313 APWD
AIUHB basicly means that it is high end processor as first letter represents location of this core on wafer (AIUHB is the one of the best)
0313 is year and week of production
You need CPU before or 0338 (38week in 2003) After that week all CPUs except Mobile Bartons and FX's are locked.

Last part is the 13digit serial number. If you want processor with good OC potential last four digits must be below 0100 (closer to 0001 is better)

AXDA 2400 DKV3C
A**** before 0339 ****
********* below 0100 are the best

X74

Thanks for all the info! I just wrote an e-Mail asking for the OPN- and the stepping-code of the CPU.

KT7A with XP 2000+

Please help
OK, I read through most of the thread! LONG!!

Hereis what I got, I ahve a Abit KT7A rev. 1.2 and I have a XP 2000+ CPU. I know I should flash to the A9 hacked bios frist. I don't use Raid so the high point BIos doesn't matter I guess.

But I am just getting confused about all this multiplier remapping and how I should set the system to 900(100), But that seems to be for the 2100+, what should I do with a 2000+?

Thanks in advance

I don't know if 2000+ will use high multipliers! But I sure would try!

1.) Make data and system backup
1a.) Write down old bios settings
2.) Flash your bios with A9 hacked
2a.) Setup new bios using old bios settings
3.) Check if your old proc. works fine at stock speeds.
4.) Restart - enter A9 hacked bios and set to (900) 9x100 @ default voltage
5.) Save to CMOS and turn off computer immed. upon restart.
6.) Pull off the power cord

Replace procs., apply thermal grease and heatsink,....
MAKE SURE you have enough Watts in PSU.:D

7.) Wake up the computer
8.) If only one beep is present everything should be OK. Check the frequency. (If it says 2000MHz restart your computer) Check the frequency again. If it says 1700MHz you got high multipliers and proc. is workin' at 17x100 on default voltage. If it says 900Mhz you got proc. that uses loww multipliers (9x100). You can set your proc. to 12,5x133 and it will work at default speeds (1667Mhz) or overclock it using FSB+ option in bios.

Before ALL that make sure your 2000+ is unlocked Tbred-B type.

X74

The guys from the onlineshop just told me they can't provide me with information about the stepping code. Do you know any German (or European) onlineshops that have....

AXDA 2400 DKV3C
A**** before 0339 ****
********* below 0100 are the best

... T-Breds? :)

Xenon74 said:
DeutschLand DeutschLand!
I'm Bayern Muenchen fan although this year played ****ty in champions league. :mad:

google Man!!

check here
PCverkauf

X74

Uh, thanks but how do you know this is the right one? The only important information I recognized was the first part of the OPN code: AXDA 2400.

Back