• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCCD Fun (Patriot PC3200 XBLK)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RollingThunder said:
Nade, Xtreme,

AC3421 doesn't know the comparison is "apples and pears" so when I suggested he try a OC 50% to compare with his DDR2, I don't want to be around! :)

From what I can see these Patriot XBLKs are one of the best kept secrets of DDR Ram (among a few others). I'm just loafing along with mine @ 2.85v during a new CPU break-in. :D

I'm not ** EDITED **. So ** EDITED ** off.

Attempting to provoke reaction by flaming someone or attacking them is against the forum rules and not acceptable, continue to do this and your time here will be limited..

UnseenMenace - Forum Modertor

Last edited by a moderator:
RollingThunder said:
AC3421 doesn't know the comparison is "apples and pears" so when I suggested he try a OC 50% to compare with his DDR2, I don't want to be around! :)

Fantastic membership here we have :mad: rather than clarify the difference between DDR and DDR2 some choose to make pointless suggestions which achieve little in educating people, or clarifying why someone was impressed. The suggestion to try a 50% overclock on DDR2 could cause problems for someone should they attempt it with no additional knowledge.
Why help educate someone when they can become a source of amusement..

Kinda threw the thread a bit off topic, o well. Just wanted to say this though, UnseenMenace, your avatar scares me :p

200mhz is stable 2-2-2-5 now, so Im gonna try and see how far 2225 will go stable :D

How much vdimm you need for 200? @ 2-2-2-5? I am curious cuz I need 2.85 to get mine stable and im seriously not happy about it (2-3-2-5 I only need 2.5v though :S)

Looking forward to seeing your uber tight results (and better pi times to boot I bet :) )

AC3421 said:
I'm not ** EDITED **. So ** EDITED ** off.

Attempting to provoke reaction by flaming someone or attacking them is against the forum rules and not acceptable, continue to do this and your time here will be limited..

UnseenMenace - Forum Modertor

AC3421,

My choice of terminology was not meant to exploit your lack of knowledge of the two different types of RAM technology. I could have phrased it better and I share the blame. You have my apology.

What I meant to demonstate is it would be similar to you OCing your RAMs by more than 50%. WaTTz did a helluva job!

WaTTz, my apologies for kinda hijacking your thread and great accomplishement. RT.

WaTTz said:
200mhz is stable 2-2-2-5 now, so Im gonna try and see how far 2225 will go stable :D

WaTTZ,

I know our MBs are much different (yours is a much higher quality!) but I am just now doing the same with my Patriots and 3 week old CPU.

I have run 2-2-2-5 barely stable to just about 2604 MHz (DDR432, 2.855 vdimm) on nominal 1.325 vcore. If I change the timings to 2-3-3-6 it handles it fine. Any further and it's not stable and locks in Prime. So I'm now at the high end default vcore 1.350 for an Opteron testing them with 2-3-3-6 and it's looking good. How far these timings will take me at 1.350v is unknown.

I only test SuperPi @ 32 mb.

I have vcore and vdimm mods to take it further, one of the factory shortcomings of the Asrock Dual SATA II.

Don't look for anything like your your results from me! Ain't gonna happen. :D

Rattle said:
those sticks are binned for 2.5-3-3-6 at 250

try that

Rattle,

I'll get there eventually! They are rated PC3200 to PC4200 right on the label with the proper timings and voltage.

yeah I know I have played with 6 sets of TCCD 3 of them patriots, the ones in watts machine were mine lol.
most tccd is 2.5-3-3-6 at 250, 2.5-4-4-7 263 and then depending on what board and chip all the way up to 300 at 2.5-4-4-7/8

Rattle said:
yeah I know I have played with 6 sets of TCCD 3 of them patriots, the ones in watts machine were mine lol.
most tccd is 2.5-3-3-6 at 250, 2.5-4-4-7 263 and then depending on what board and chip all the way up to 300 at 2.5-4-4-7/8

Rattle,

This is my second set. First ones I sent back because I didn't have enough voltage to OC them much before the volt mods. I won't make that mistake again!

If I can get to 2640 MHz on stock upper end 1.350 vcore I'll be happy. I'm a "chicken" overclocker! :beer:

If you want yours back from WaTTz, switch them when he's not looking. I'll give you a set of value RAMs 256s to stick in there. :)

I think Supernade said Patriot doesn't make them anymore and he may be right. These are hard to find new and were probably "old new stock" when I got them.

Windows stability is a far cry from Memtest stability. What are your Genie-BIOS settings? If you bump up the voltage, you may need to change the drive strength as well. Which BIOS are you using? I have my OC notebook at home if you need any help. :)

Here are a few posts you may find helpful.

The earlier set of TCCD I had:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=450118

4 x 512Mb :)
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=396321

Tips to try different drive strengths :
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391391

An interesting question without a definitive answer:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=390552

Lots of nuggets in the memtest sticky :)
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=409152

Yep, no DDR1 XBLK's are available as of now. The LLK's are a crapshoot, may or may not be TCCD. I can ask them though. They have helped me in the past, maybe they will oblige now as well. :shrug:

This set of TCCD is kicking my butt !!! Cant even get it windows stable now at rated timings 2.5-3-3-6 @ 250mhz. Tried several subtimings, no luck. Voltages from 2.6 all the way up to 2.9

One thing I do know, Tref plays a huge part in stability. So far 3120/4196 arent good, which is what I played with on all my old ddr ram. Have to look into it more for sure ...

Super Nade said:
There have been several interesting BH5 v/s TCCD shoot-outs where BH is usually at 270MHz 2-2-2-x and TCCD at 300MHz 2.5-4/3-3-x. TCCD has won a majority of these battles. :)

not soo true. ddr600 2.5-3-3 and ddr500 2-2-2 are just about equal. and ddr500 2-2-2 is ALOT easier to find then ddr600 2.5-3-3. sucka did a comparison with this ALONG time ago at equal CPU speeds. it opened alot of eyes.

Back