• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32 nOOb folder contest!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not too worried about it. I'm just doing it for fun now. I wanna see how long I can stick with it :).

Artyboy said:
I'm not too worried about it. I'm just doing it for fun now. I wanna see how long I can stick with it :).
your actually doing very well and gaining ground.
maybe when this is over you and i can have some kind of competition.
maybe someone will donate a p4c800e-D first place with a 3.2ee for second place:D :D :D :D :D

I'd be happy with a mobile barton :). Although it would be nice to get a free high end pentium processor :D. The processor is the only thing holding me back from building a full system. I just can't see spending $300 for similar performance to what I have now :p.

my own rig in sig will kick out 4+ wu in a 24 hour period if they are the 250 type. i had one that took a day and a half. 400 something but it was super slow

blkdiamond said:
Just cleared 14,000 points!!!! Only 1,000 to go!!!!! I hope to finish up this weekend.
no contest, congrats blkdiamond. great job at kicking out some serious folding.

Good Job! Looks like you won another folding layer. My board and Charloz24's Barton. Get some ram and get this up and folding. PM me your address and I'll get this thing out to you.

Congrats! Sucks that I couldnt get the computer lab where I work up and running but I will anyway for the sake of Team32! 60+ GHz never hurt anyone :)

Congrats Blkdiamond!

So now that you've won, care to shed some light on your strategy?

Haha... color me wrong!

When you said most only folded for 12 hours a day, I'd assumed you worked for a retail electronics store, like me.

Unfortunately, my store just didn't make for a good borg. Because the number one rule was that it couldn't interfere with normal business, I was only able to use the laptops, that had the wireless connections. Despite the occasional P4 or A64, most of what I had to work with were celerons and PMs. Mix this with a network run on an early linksys 802.11b router(not very dependable), and my results were less than stellar.

At home, my own setup was the P4 in my sig, and P4 2.4c, A64 3000+ laptop, AthalonXP 2400+, and a celeron 2.0.

Back