• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Team Group Xtreem 8GB DDR3-2666 C11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will have a play tomorrow again and see how it goes, but I'm sure I've set them timings before and it failed, even @1.75v, the board is not the greatest and maybe that doesn't help (asrock extreme 6), but its rated 3000+ for ddr3 so I can't see it being a issue, also mem timings on it dont go too loose ~20 or something like that is the max I can't remember of the top of my head.maybe needs a bios update :shrug:

Try beta BIOSes or any new version. On GB Z87X-OC 3000+ is working without issues on any BIOS but 3200+ depends from version and latest isn't really best.

Need some help here lol!!!

I having a mess about with these and can't figure out what voltage us what, I'm stuck at just over 3000 but I know I need to up my imc (vccsa) but I can't find the voltage setting for it! Is it the pch core? If so then is it safe up to 1.3v? Also how much system agent is recommended for higher clock memory? One more thing, what is pch io ?

This thread should explain a lot since you have Z87X-OC board:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1401976/the-gigabyte-z87-haswell-overclocking-oc-guide
Depends from IMC and some other settings try up to 1.35-1.4V VCCSA but I think you need more high memory voltage ( above 1.85V ) and more relaxed timings if you want to make higher max clock. For tests at stable settings I wouldn't count on much more than 3000-3100.
Newer BIOSes ( mainly betas ) will let you set 15-31-31 main timings and VDIMM above 2.15V ( I think I don't have to say it's not recommended :cool:).

I have read that thread :thup: its a great resource. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but none of my oc buttons seem to work, I don't know if they get turned off by some setting being adjusted, but none of them do anything, they light up when pressed but don't adjust freq, CPU multi or anything, I could do with them as I can boot to 3250 but a few more from the bclk would come in handy for those extra few boints ;)

Cheers, I will look on the driver disc but I'm sure I installed just about everything just to make sure

Seems like a nice board to play with...how buggy is that bios?
My x79-ud3 is a nightmare lol

Great board but you have to find best BIOS. Some betas are not perfect but better for overclocking/benching.
I have it now in my 24/7 rig and set for reviews. No issues with stability etc. All options are working so generally it's still better than any ASUS ROG board that I had in the past.

@keny
Maybe you are missing some drivers like ME. I was fighting with this option for some time too.

Finally got it semi working, the thermal control option in the bios must be disabled, or the damn thing throttles even at 30c which is a bit strange, took me ages to find out what was happening, it was throttling down to 1ghz constantly and it was 100% throttling in xtu before starting the bench :confused:. anyway i have cpu multi control with the buttons but still no bclck adjustment and my settings in bios are not sticking, if i set 26x in my bios for cpu multi it boots at 38x as if it is running the stock setting, this board has been trouble since day one and my patience is running out with it :mad:

I have all ME installed and the oc button drvr so why is this damn board not working correctly, and the cpu multi problem is a going to be the end of this board if i cant fix it.....:bang head

Untitled.png

I assume that you installed APP Center too. If not then try to install it and then once again OC Button driver. They're somehow connected. Also reinstall full Framework 4 ... like full from microsoft site, not client version from windows update.
I have no more ideas right now.

How much voltage have you put into the team kit Bart ? I'm at 1.8v (ddr 3300) up to now, but they seem to scale with voltage, and do they scale better as a single dimm as I know some kits like to work as a pair, even for max clocks, maybe imc needs cold for more :shrug:

Back