• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Terminator Dark Fate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

The lighting/fog/explosions from projectiles actually look good (and very smooth), hopefully the rest of the game comes out decent :attn:

Not the kind of "Terminator" I want to play. All they have to do is remake Resident Evil: Nemesis and replace Nemesis with a Terminator.

THAT's what I want to play. You being hunted, in 3rd person, by some unstoppable monster... in the modern day.

I was never interested in the futuristic elements of Terminator. The best thing about the whole franchise was "Look at what just ONE of these things can do to a modern city..."

Then in Terminator 2 they upped the ante: "Look at all the chaos and destruction TWO of these things caused..."

Once you're in the future... and there's MILLIONS of these things... who cares?

It's just like Marvel Comics: The whole thing about the Incredible Hulk was that there was only ONE of them. Once you had a Red Hulk and a Blue Hulk and all that ridiculousness... people stopped caring. (But don't get me started on Marvel's editors...)

You want Alien for that, much better 😁 if A.I. ever rebels I seriously doubt we're ever going to see it coming with terminators when there's so many more accessible and deadly things to get rid of us with...

My pet peeve with the series is how it deals with time travel, and the fact that although some of the movies are good, they are WAY off from the books which in my opinion are WAY better.

You want Alien for that, much better 😁 if A.I. ever rebels I seriously doubt we're ever going to see it coming with terminators when there's so many more accessible and deadly things to get rid of us with...

My pet peeve with the series is how it deals with time travel, and the fact that although some of the movies are good, they are WAY off from the books which in my opinion are WAY better.

Alien is SPACE... and to me there's nothing more boring than SPACE. Space is, quite literally, the absence of anything.

I want the damned Terminator to chase me through a mall... or a crowded city... or VEGAS... (which is kinda both) while I try to shoot him... blow him up... melt him... but all that really does is slow him down. But still I'd have a blast trying...

Alien is SPACE... and to me there's nothing more boring than SPACE. Space is, quite literally, the absence of anything.

I want the damned Terminator to chase me through a mall... or a crowded city... or VEGAS... (which is kinda both) while I try to shoot him... blow him up... melt him... but all that really does is slow him down. But still I'd have a blast trying...
Alien is anywhere you want it, I mean, the books have them take over the earth during Ripley's time (movies took a really bad turn after the 2nd one, the books kept the horror alive).

I understand though, you mean like the game Alien Isolation, you can't kill it, you can only hide/slow it down until you escape or it kills you or the end of the game where you kill it. Would be interesting, but there's already plenty of games of the type, mostly online like Friday 13th or Dead by Daylight? They would need to add something to it to make it stand out 🤷🏻‍♂️

Alien is anywhere you want it, I mean, the books have them take over the earth during Ripley's time (movies took a really bad turn after the 2nd one, the books kept the horror alive).

I understand though, you mean like the game Alien Isolation, you can't kill it, you can only hide/slow it down until you escape or it kills you or the end of the game where you kill it. Would be interesting, but there's already plenty of games of the type, mostly online like Friday 13th or Dead by Daylight? They would need to add something to it to make it stand out 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dead by Daylight is a LOT of fun... in a big multiplayer sense. But I'd want something more personal. 1 on 1. Like the Terminator has traveled back in time to kill YOU.

Maybe (if you wanted) you could try to minimize collateral damage. (Not sure that's been done before). You run this way... it's wayyyy more dangerous... but running the other way would have you going through a crowded amusement park. In the absence of scores... you could get really powerful weapons for doing it the hard way.

You could even add RPG elements. Maybe scientists would be reluctant to kill you if you've gotten a thousand people killed... but they just might come up with something that can hurt the Terminator if it's under five people.

There's still a LOT that hasn't been done yet...

Dead by Daylight is a LOT of fun... in a big multiplayer sense. But I'd want something more personal. 1 on 1. Like the Terminator has traveled back in time to kill YOU.

Maybe (if you wanted) you could try to minimize collateral damage. (Not sure that's been done before). You run this way... it's wayyyy more dangerous... but running the other way would have you going through a crowded amusement park. In the absence of scores... you could get really powerful weapons for doing it the hard way.

You could even add RPG elements. Maybe scientists would be reluctant to kill you if you've gotten a thousand people killed... but they just might come up with something that can hurt the Terminator if it's under five people.

There's still a LOT that hasn't been done yet...
You mean like Metro, the less people you kill/get killed, the better your ending 😂 Not sure about the part where the terminator kills the scientists to get to you/while searching for you, might make some snowflakes twitch... If you want something up close and personal how about something along the lines of the last mission of Metro Exodus? You need to recover an important item from a lightly nuked city or a terminator infested place, just enough radiation or patrols to make you hurry, one tracks you and starts chasing you down? Or maybe it's activated as a contingency when you grab the object. Timer was already short, now it's downright deadly.

In the book series it's actually John and he's girlfriend that "invent" and activate skynet (completely by mistake) while trying to make sure that future never happens, there's infinite possibilities for missions in this universe because of time travel shenanigans, problem has always been bad writing 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm surprised they would come out w/a terminator themed game now, I had thought the IP was kinda dead. Interesting idea though and it looks better than I would've expected. I'm a sucker for terminator games -- ever since Terminator:Rampage. I even bought Terminator:Resistance. I remember the first FPS Terminator claimed to be the first true 3D game (i.e. in having objects/enemies exist in the same Z coordinate) and the first one w/flyable vehicles -- thanks Bethesda!

Didn't Terminator Resistance get a DLC a few months ago (maybe more)? Something along the lines of playing as one to infiltrate human settlements?

@Kenrou
The latest Terminator Resistance DLC is a paid for DLC (Annihilation Line) and features the protagonist working with Kyle Reese on a few missions. It has some tie-ins to the first Terminator movie as well. The Infiltrator DLC, where you play as a terminator, was free.

How did that deshroud work for your 3070? Does it run a lot cooler? Were you able to increase your overclocking margins?

I would say about the same or very slightly hotter, rarely goes above ~55c with my 1800mhz/0.850v undervolt or ~65c at full ~250w/1.2v (~10c hotspot delta), I think I did the mod wrong though, from other users that did this, I was supposed to use 3x90mm fans instead of the 2x120mm for "optimal" temps... But what I was after was the jet engine noise from the crappy triple fans gone, now it's dead quiet most of the time, when I hear it at all it kinda gets drowned out by the case fans :thup:

Sadly I can't do anything about OC margins, FE pcb with bad caps config, so anything above ~2050mhz will become unstable :rain:

Last edited:
I'm actually more excited about the new ROBOCOP that's about to come out... (or was just announced or whatever).

Was just playing Robocop vs Terminator in Mortal Kombat 11. (Don't see how MK1 characters are going to be able to top that...)

@rainless
Another Coffeelake holdout! I'd imagine you could squeeze a lot more Mhz. out of your 9600kf. I managed to squeeze 5.2Ghz. out of my 9700k.

@rainless
Another Coffeelake holdout! I'd imagine you could squeeze a lot more Mhz. out of your 9600kf. I managed to squeeze 5.2Ghz. out of my 9700k.

Oh Coffeelake is just a BEAUTIFUL... beautiful chip...

Hasn't let me down yet. I do all of my gaming and video editing in 4K.

I've yet to find a compelling reason to upgrade. :beer:

I've yet to find a compelling reason to upgrade. :beer:
Oh?

When you get your new, much faster gpu, you'll find your current chip can put a glass ceiling on some titles (the list grows monthly). I know quiet is your thing, though so that may not be too impactful for you.

Last edited:
Here's a good reason to upgrade, I'm salivating for a 5800x3d, planning on staying on AM4 for a good few years still, and this and a 4070/4080 for example, would be a massive upgrade :rofl:

1080p.jpg
1440p.jpg
4k.jpg

I don't know if I would want to upgrade to a platform that is using DDR4 and 1080p benchmarks aren't as relevant as say 1440p or 4k -- especially when the 9900k is at stock clocks.

1080p benchmarks aren't as relevant as say 1440p or 4k -- especially when the 9900k is at stock clocks.
Why wouldn't 1080p benchmarks be as relevant as higher resolutions? 60% of steam users recorded use 1080p. 23% 2560x1440, with 4k in low single digits.

What is the relevance of the stock 9900k?

Just not sure what you're getting at....

Back