• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Terminator Dark Fate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, 1440p is roughly the same percentage as 1080p, 4k is for rich people and both Ryzen are also at stock clocks 😋 Nothing wrong with AM4 for the next few years as I said above as the cheap-ish 5800x3D will keep me plenty happy with both 1080p/1440p. You on the other hand would only be switching motherboard and CPU and still have a big upgrade assuming the GPU can keep up. Not sure you can say the same for Intel (price/performance)?

I posted this more to myself as I said above, I'm a much more budget oriented guy and although my 3700x is still putting a decent show the new games coming out are making him show it's age, so... Small upgrade, big boost 😁

Here's a good reason to upgrade, I'm salivating for a 5800x3d, planning on staying on AM4 for a good few years still, and this and a 4070/4080 for example, would be a massive upgrade :rofl:

View attachment 363584
View attachment 363585
View attachment 363586

I don't know why they aren't showing both results. Am I supposed to whip out a calculator and figure out what each one of Intel's results are?

Anyway... It's looking like the 9900k would be a drop-in replacement for my current CPU... if I was thinking of switching.

The 9900k, unlike the 5800x3d, can be substantially overclocked. I don't personally know ANYONE who ran their 9900k at stock clocks.

I'm not really interested in average FPS either. 1% lows interest me more -- especially at 1440p, which is where I game at. Most of the people I know game at 1440p and up.

I'm sorry about my other post ED, I didn't realize it was political at the time.

The 9900k, unlike the 5800x3d, can be substantially overclocked
True, but it's still multiple generations behind in IPC. A 5.2 ghz (200 MHz over boost, mind you, not what I would consider a 'substantial' overclock) 9900k still games slower than a 5800x3d in most (all?) cases.

For reviews, you run things at stock unless you're specifically testing an OC. The fact is, most users leave their system stock. People who participate in forums like this, aren't your typical user and would be in the '1%'. Look outside of your bubble.

Most of the people I know game at 1440p and up.
I hear ya... we all have our bubbles, but consider looking outside of it. If you flip a coin 10 times and 9 times its heads, does that mean it will flip heads 90% of the time moving forward, or are you basing your opinion off a minuscule data set (like your group of enthusiast friends that have a PC, lol)?

As noted previously, almost 60% of people still 1080p. If you don't like what he posted, use the link to watch and see, as I'm pretty sure HWUB does 1% lows and, for sure, higher res. The data wasn't for you in the first place. ;)

For Rainless, the dude just needs to save up some coin for a more substantial upgrade. Nickle and diming that 'old' of a build wouldn't be the way I go. More cores and threads are critical these days, however and that would likely help some. Not nearly as much as a more significant upgrade... mid-range 7000 series AMD or Intel is where I'd upgrade from an almost 6 year old CPU/system. Missing quite a bit of performance otherwise.

Also worth noting, you can run the latest and greatest Intel processor (14th-gen) with DDR4 with negligible performance impacts. It's a good way to save a few dollars. ;)

I love to rewatch them on soap2day, I'm real movie buff and I have nice collection of movies on every taste. If I want to find an interesting movie to watch I check reviews and rating on this site. There are thousands of movies and tv shows different genres that are available in full HD and even 4K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back