• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Board "heatsinks"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well if it is cheap plastic, that just means it is easier to modify. An example is I have a Xigmatek Asgard case (CM 690 clone) I cut an opening in the top panel for the fans to fit through and have the radiator mounted to the inside of the case just above the motherboard.

I was just trying to help you so you didn't have to go out and buy another case for this. There really should be room for the radiator to fit inside the top of the case. With the radiator mounted there, you should be able to mount the two 120MM fans between the outside of the top of the case and the bezel with a little modification.

I can't do any modification though because the fins are controlled by a switch, and the fins are on hinges, well with the fans on the top than the fins hinges are blocked so thus they cannot be opened.

^ Yeah that is what I thought those fins were for, to allow airflow when 120mm fans were mounted on top...

OP have you considered low profile fans?

Im still surprised you are having this issue with an "XL ATX" case...

Is there absolutely no room to mount it on the bottom?

I never even thought of low profile fans, Bloody hell! and there isn't any room in the bottom of the case for a dual rad, only a single... but if i got low profile fans like the ones that came on it, i'd be fine, i have an idea!
the case came with 3 230mm Low profile fans, i could mount two of them on the top, and have them blow a lot of cold air through the rad, and use the 2 corsair fans elsewhere in the case! *excuse me a moment while i feel great for a second from my newly found wisdom*
edit: in all honesty i didn't know they made low profile fans

Remember that low-profile fans have low static pressure, which will hinder heatsink/rad performance by an amount that depends on fin density of the heatsink/rad.

In that video I linked, it looks like he has a very similar motherboard as you, and got everything to fit on the inside of the case. Could you maybe post pics of the rad installed inside the top with the motherboard in the case so we can see the clearance?

When you reply to a post you need to be in GO ADVANCED to see that paperclip option to do so. Or if replying to someone, hit the QUOTE button and you are already in advanced and the option should be there. I believe EVERYONE can host a picture internally. I dont think its a post count thing. That wouldnt make sense, at least with how many posts you have anyway...

If you are not seeing that option for whatever reason and are certain its not user error, create a thread in the Forum Feedback section.

Back