• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Dragon Case - A Thideras Modded 830 Stacker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought about that, but if it was the angle of the case, (the right side is closer) then the left side of his face should appear HIGHER, not lower-- like the the jaw, nose and eyebrows are.

It still looks cool. He just has brain damage. :p

Confirmed, you guys are right...not an illusion, just checked.

Although...

Like the dragon is saying, "Yeah, I'm a dragon, I'm awesome and there is nothing you can do about it except cry." :p
I like your explanation best. :beer:

It just looks incredible. There is nothing like having a new toy that NO ONE else has, or can get for that matter. Its a work of art!

I'm going to bump this post. It has been sitting in a box for over a year now, doing nothing. I feel really bad that I'm not using this case. I've also had some interest in my Mountain Mod case, so that might be going out the door. It is much too large for what I use it for and I feel it is a waste to not use this beautiful piece of artwork.

I never got around to making cables for the case and, consequently, the inside of the case looks terrible. I'm going to take the case out today to see what I need to do. I know that the front cable connectors are much too short to "stealth", so I'll end up completely redoing those from scratch. Everything else should be easy, but just take some time. I may not have an update tonight, but I'd like to clean up the case, get some pictures and see what I can do with it. I want to make it shine like it is meant to.

I'm going to bump this post. It has been sitting in a box for over a year now, doing nothing. I feel really bad that I'm not using this case. I've also had some interest in my Mountain Mod case, so that might be going out the door. It is much too large for what I use it for and I feel it is a waste to not use this beautiful piece of artwork.

I never got around to making cables for the case and, consequently, the inside of the case looks terrible. I'm going to take the case out today to see what I need to do. I know that the front cable connectors are much too short to "stealth", so I'll end up completely redoing those from scratch. Everything else should be easy, but just take some time. I may not have an update tonight, but I'd like to clean up the case, get some pictures and see what I can do with it. I want to make it shine like it is meant to.

Man dont let this one waste away in a box , get too it and do some of your magnificent wire sleeving or what ever it needs and give it Life!!

The old Mountain Mod case is basically sold. I have someone on here interested and if they pass it up, I know someone that absolutely wants it come the end of January. So, I've decided to move back into this case :bday:

I finally got moved in and the servers/other projects are situated. I've had time to sit down and think how I want to do this and plan it out. I still have a ton left to do, especially cleaning the case; it is a bit filthy. Tonight, I located all the parts that I need, stripped the case down and started fleshing out some of the details.
stripped_2.JPG

stripped_1.JPG

When I went to work on this last, I broke one of the stock pins, which will force me to completely rewire the front end; this is a good thing. I'm going to replace the stock wires completely as none of it is salvageable or wanted. The colored one is the broken cable. It is broken where it plugs into the front header, so that is toasted. The USB cable is just flat out ugly and way too short to route out of view.

stripped_3.JPG

stripped_4.JPG

old_cable_1.JPG

old_cable_2.JPG

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you want to design this case around me. Make it in honor of Dolk.

I'm pretty sure you want to design this case around me. Make it in honor of Dolk.
I'm sure this case is not capable of handling that much awesome, so I won't attempt to do that. Plus, I don't want a pink dragon. You know?

That color is purple

Its more like this: Dolk is teh AWESOME!

Awesome case Thiddy! I remember checking it out when ya posted up the previews a while back.. never followed up to see the finished product.. It's teh sexeh! :drool::drool:

LOL @ Dolky. :p

Small update, got the front panel wired. I know the heatshrink color doesn't match, but this is completely out of view (in a cage) when assembled. I'm using all black wires to make it look better. Solid color wires are such a pain to try and get the pinout right.

front_panel_wired.JPG

Last edited:
I've retired from hardcore raiding in WoW, so I have a lot more time to work on this project. I actually mean it this time. I need to order a fan controller for this case and figure out how I want to run fan wiring plus what else I want to run (lights?).

First things first, though. I need to get that front panel wired up.

Depending in the outcome of the case, I may move back into it instead of buying a new one.

Just ordered the parts I need to do a large chunk of the case.

purchased-1-26-2011.png

Last edited:
Parts just arrived. The only thing I'm missing is pins for the front panel switches/lights. I ordered a whole bunch for the USB and totally forgot I didn't have any in stock. I may hold off on one USB cable so the front panel can be assembled. I feel stupid for forgetting them. .__.

parts_arrived1.JPG

Last edited:
Back