• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The newest edition to our family.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vinja

Registered
My newest child. A beautiful baby girl.

Thermaltake 900 Snow Edition Case
Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 9 Motherboard
1000W 80Platinum Antec High Current PRO (Quad 12V Rail) PSU
Intel i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU
32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 4133MHz RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB GPU
256GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD
2 x EK-CoolStream XE480 (Quad) Radiators
2 x EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump) Reservoirs
2 x EK-RES X3 TUBE 400 Reservoir Upgrades
Waterblocks for the Motherboard(built-in), CPU, GPU, and RAM are all EK products.

Installed Windows 10 Professional from scratch via USB Flash Drive in 3 minutes flat. I have overclocked the CPU from 4.2GHz to 4.7GHz (stable). Now I need to overclock the GPU and RAM so that I may compete for the world record on 3D Mark.

This is my first watercooled PC build. EK-CryoFuel colors are Acid Green and Ravens Purple(my personal blend). Motherboard lights are fully programmable with optional sound sensitivity.

Project Cost: $7,000 USD

20637898_10101227134774268_5243763978428426493_n.jpg 20621276_10101227134764288_301715786709818365_n.jpg 20620861_10101227134769278_1761860861625908114_n.jpg 20604524_10101227134824168_5693782134544874615_n.jpg 20526201_10101227134829158_3117855306671954761_n.jpg

Attachments

• 20638081_10101227134759298_6118700704237950539_n.jpg
    20638081_10101227134759298_6118700704237950539_n.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 106
Just beware that those mini-fridges put out some decent heat. Might want to find a way to keep the computer from sucking in that heat.
Other than that, looks like a killer build!

Thank you for the compliment! I had to remove the mini fridge to the living room. Every time the fridge radiator would turn on, it would suck in too much juice from the outlet and my TV display would turn off for 3 full seconds. This didn't happen before I installed the PC here. It was quite a frustrating issue, but I'm glad I figured out what was causing it!

BTW if anyone can help me in the following thread, I'd be very appreciative:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...sair-Vengeance-4133MHz-RAM-freezes-after-boot

Are you planning on adding another video card? Just wondering why you chose such a high watt PSU. Really nice job!

So its a new version/edition or was this new/addition?

Rig and the room look awesome! :)

As far as 3dmark records, its going to take a lot more cooling and cores (read: sub ambient temps on cpu amd gpu) to break world records! Take a trip on over to the benching section and see about joining the team! :)

How the heck did that cost 7k??????

I'm planning on going quad video cards in the future, but he main reason for the PSU is I wanted quad rails because I've had PSUs literally burn up on me in the past. 2k was watercooling

Quad sli is useless outside of benching...scaling is abhorrent.

So...2k in water...and 5k on the rest? That system can be built for under 4k. Where did the other 3 come from?

Truth be told, with your goal of quad sli mind, i woild have went with a single single rail psu so you dont have to worry about overloading a rail... that psu also only has 6 pcie connections.. youll need 8 for your dreams of quad sli...(not sure why you are bothering...like... what is the real goal with such a wasteful setup? To be cool... than cool! Otherwise scaling sucks, heat and power use... etc etc...)

Last edited:
I purchased most of the parts 4 months ago, when they were brand new. And i overspent about 500 on some of the watercooling parts because I traded out a PE360 for an XE480 and purchased too many fittings. Also, I could be off by 500, so 6.5k rather than 7k. It's convoluted but the numbers do work themselves out. Anyway, on a more positive note, what would you suggest I do as far as OC on the current build? I OCed the ram to 4K MHz, which required me to undo my CPU OC. I OCed the GPU to 1800. Someone else said they hit over 2100 on the same GPU, but when I tried I got a green screen. I want to push this thing, but with the dual XE480s it appears unpushable.

Still cant figure out that math... i digress.

1. I assume you have a 7700k, right (you list 7700)? It should be good to 5ghz. Try 1.3v and see where it goes. Keep temps under 90c stress testing.
2. You bought 4133mhz memory...you havent overclocked if you got it to 4k. enable xmp to get it to boot at the rams stock speed of 4133mhz and see if it boots. If it does, cool. If not, add .1V to system agent and vccio. Though you have 4 sticks so, may need to add a bit more or it just wont work.
3. Your gpu... it is boosting way higher than 1800 mhz... if that is your base clock, its likely almost 200mhz higher. These max out around 2000-2100mhz. Check gpuz sensor tab or run msi afterburner and look at what the ACTUAL core clock is. ;)

Last edited:
I'm planning on going quad video cards in the future, but he main reason for the PSU is I wanted quad rails because I've had PSUs literally burn up on me in the past. 2k was watercooling

All quad rails do is divide up the total 12v+ amperage four ways. Make sure you have enough on each rail for each card. I don't see how that will help prevent a PSU frying. It's still the same total power draw against the same total output. Multiple 12v+ rail PSUs have become somewhat of a dinosaur.

You said running my 4133 ram at 4000 wasn't overclocking. Apparently it was over locking enough to ruin my main bios. Then I tried it on my backup bios and in the middle of me playing a game, the whole computer threw a fit, error codes, restarted. Now it will not let me reinstall windows. I've tried to fresh install, it just goes to 100% in each category, restarts, then goes right into repair windows, then says failed to repair windows, then shuts down. All because I'm trying to run my 4133mhz ram at 4000mhz. So clearly OCing isn't in the cards for me. I built this really nice machine and it won't even run the hardware I put in it. And yes, it's a kaby lake. I'm so depressed over this. Been napping and drinking all day trying not to think about it. I even tried running my backup bios at "optimized defaults" and I still can't reinstall windows.

You must be doing something wrong. What exact model of Corsair Vengeance ram? I'm having a hard time finding it on Corsair's site.

You said running my 4133 ram at 4000 wasn't overclocking. Apparently it was over locking enough to ruin my main bios. Then I tried it on my backup bios and in the middle of me playing a game, the whole computer threw a fit, error codes, restarted. Now it will not let me reinstall windows. I've tried to fresh install, it just goes to 100% in each category, restarts, then goes right into repair windows, then says failed to repair windows, then shuts down. All because I'm trying to run my 4133mhz ram at 4000mhz. So clearly OCing isn't in the cards for me. I built this really nice machine and it won't even run the hardware I put in it. And yes, it's a kaby lake. I'm so depressed over this. Been napping and drinking all day trying not to think about it. I even tried running my backup bios at "optimized defaults" and I still can't reinstall windows.
Get a grip my man... its a PC. :)

Changing memory settings can bork a bios jedec speeds... just because it borks doesnt mean its overclocked.

Have you tried flashing a fresh version of the latest bios on it?

If it is not installing windows at 4000, try it at default...

Try running 2 sticks...

Relax man... we'll get it. :)

Nebulous picked the correct ram in his message. The model number matches mine. I'm going to call up those guys at Microsoft tomorrow and see if they can nail down why windows was previously installed on my pc for less than 1 week, but now it won't install at all. As for the ram, I really don't want to be tearing it out just to try 2 sticks at a time. I've already changed the bios back to 2133 but it isn't helping (with regards to my windows installation). I'm putting off all productive thought on this project until tomorrow. Today is my day to be drunk and dissatisfied. Tomorrow I'll fix it. I do appreciate you boys and your interest in helping me. I was really excited to start OCing but if this is the kind of thing that happens when I run my ram 133 below specification... it left a really bad taste in my mouth. But I will be on tomorrow, locked and loaded to bring this little girl back into this world.

Microsoft isnt going to help you man. They have absolutely nothing to do with your issue. Nada.

Do as we say and we'll get it faster than the shotgun approach you prefer to take. Troubleshooting is sometimes a PITA and may require we do things we may not want to do. ;)

I live in a town well off the beaten path. For me to take out my RAM and try only 2 sticks, I will need to buy more cryo-fuel, wait for the shipment, rip my fittings and hoses out, detach the aftermarket waterblock, pull 2 sticks out, then put everything back in, and refill the line, then whether it works or not, tear the entire line back out, and put the other 2 sticks in, refill it again. It's extremely labor intensive and I'm not doing that. However, since Windows installed and ran on my PC with the original BIOS, with 2133 speed, I'm going to start with the Microsoft guys because there is no reason why it would not install now (atleast nothing they don't contain in their pre-answered question books.

Your ram is water cooled ? and its so tight you cant just pop 2 sticks out from the slots even if they are still close just not in ?

MS will not be able to help . Listen to these guys and try what they ask , most of us have been playing with this stuff for a very long time .

So 2133 failed to install windows as well.. hmm.

Try updating your bios to the latest version. Were you on the latest version prior to the issues?

Back