• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is a bottom Filter in place but, I’m not putting any side panels on. It will probably stay like this for less that a month.

So don’t really need to bother about dust build up.

Glad to hear this is only a temp setup cause that reservoir location me thinking all kinds of things.

There is a bottom Filter in place but, I’m not putting any side panels on. It will probably stay like this for less that a month.

So don’t really need to bother about dust build up.

If I was using side panels I would draw air from the filtered front.View attachment 208846

I hate setting them up this way.
In a few days I will have to tip the system over and ensure it is full to the brim.

I just wanted to test out positioning. I think I might go custom. Build my own res/pump combo. Hardline in its current configuration looks so difficult

Jack, what don't you like about the reservoir location?

Not ideal plus, I would hate to see a leak spring down the road for w/e reason that may cause it. Just doesn't feel safe to me is all.

The rads and fans look to be 140mm? If 120mm, might have been able to hang it on one of the fans with a much smaller res, pressuming that's a DDC.

Rerouting could use some work but of course, this is all al learning process as I'm sure the OP will figure it out.

Here's a smaller pump/res combo for example or the current one could be used but in a different location like undernearth the GPU towards the side of the case so you're still able to use the top as a fill and add a drain.

View attachment 208847

Ok. Main reason I'm asking is my pump/res is mounted the same way. No issues so far. It's been about 3-4 months like this. Also just realised I never shared it here so while I'm talking about it, here's PREDATOR 3.0.

20200209_215149_HDR.jpg

20200209_215238.jpg

Specs:

[oldtable]CPU | Ryzen 7 3700x @4.4Ghz
Motherboard | Asus ROG b450i Strix Gaming
GPU | Gigabyte 2070 Windforce
Ram | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16Gb @ 3600 CL15
PSU | Corsair RM850
Storage | 1TB Crucial CT1000 P1 MVMe M.2
Network Storage | 8Tb Nas WD Red RAID 6
Case | Modified Phanteks Evolve ITX[/table]

Cooling:

[oldtable]CPU Block | EKWB Supremacy EVO Full Copper
Pump/Res Combo | EKWB X-Res 140mm w/ XSPC D5T Pump
Radiator | 30x240mm Swiftech & 35x240MM XSPC EX240
Fans | 4x 120mm Cougar Turbine & 1x 140mm Phanteks Case fan
Tubing | Primochill Advanced LRT in Black[/table]

Last edited:
Ok. Main reason I'm asking is my pump/res is mounted the same way. No issues so far. It's been about 3-4 months like this. Also just realised I never shared it here so while I'm talking about it, here's PREDATOR 3.0.

View attachment 208850

View attachment 208851

Specs:

[oldtable]CPU | Ryzen 7 3700x @4.4Ghz
Motherboard | Asus ROG b450i Strix Gaming
GPU | Gigabyte 2070 Windforce
Ram | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16Gb @ 3600 CL15
PSU | Corsair RM850
Storage | 1TB Crucial CT1000 P1 MVMe M.2
Network Storage | 8Tb Nas WD Red RAID 6
Case | Modified Phanteks Evolve ITX[/table]

Cooling:

[oldtable]CPU Block | EKWB Supremacy EVO Full Copper
Pump/Res Combo | EKWB X-Res 140mm w/ XSPC D5T Pump
Radiator | 30x240mm Swiftech & 35x240MM XSPC EX240
Fans | 4x 120mm Cougar Turbine & 1x 140mm Phanteks Case fan
Tubing | Primochill Advanced LRT in Black[/table]

Nice.

I still have reservations about mounting it horizontal. But I am starting to come around. As long as the loop is filled to the brim the pump does not suck in any air.

The reality is, the pump inlet is located at the center. Even some air in the reservoir is fine. D5 pumps have been running horizontally since their inception. We're just not used to seeing them horizontal in a pump res/combo. You just need to be extra careful tipping the case around while it's running.

As far as leaks go, if they are going to happen, it wont be because of the reservoir orientation.

nice clean build Blaylock! i like how you have access to the pumps speed dial on the back. very clever ;)

Hi guys, I'm new here, I should've posted in the welcome mat area first but I really wanted to show you guys my system, first and foremost I love all the systems in this thread, I love to see how someone's pride and passion goes into their build each and every system says something about each one of you guys.

So here's mine, first ill let you guys know it's gone through quite a few iterations and these aren't even an the pics, but the first posted pictures are the latest, and as you go down are the previous iterations.

First I started with the thermaltake view 71, nothing too special no custom mods or anything that's when I got my tax refund last year and bought everything and put it together, slowly over a year I have been upgrading mostly the cooling system.

When I first bought everything from microcenter I really really wanted a cooler master cosmos c700m but they don't carry it, so I chose the view 71, later on while I was cruising through Facebook marketplace o found a brand new unused c700p.. Next best thing I guess, but anyway I didn't really like the color of the normal cosmos as o wanted the black edition but I got the case for a steal, I basically traded all my old fpv racing drone stuff that I never used anymore for it.

Well I'm a mechanic and I do autobody be as well so I actually have a ton of paints here at my house as well as a compressor and paint gun along with primer and clear, so I took the case apart and painted it with some Ford fusion colors, it was a gunmetal gray that I started with but then I mixed some purple and blue in there and it came out great, then I slowly started upgrading the liquid cooling, my wife bought me a thermaltake cc360 hard tube kit, so I started with that.

Well basically I had so much stuff in the cosmos I had no room to mount my 2.5" and 3.5" hard drives, so I picked up a lian li PC o11 dynamic xl in white from microcenter, my coworker bought me the 64mm radiator for a Christmas gift.

So next I was getting tired of my plain thermaltake cpu block and 3 of my fans argb LEDs failed so I picked up 9 Lian li Bora digital in silver and a bykski CPU block with led temp display. My second to last build I sanded the tubes to look like they were frosted, however in this last build I think I like the glossy look a little bit better, also I didn't have as much room in the main side of the case so instead of having a separate pump and res, I opted for the phanteks glacier r220 and I installed my ddc pump into it.

The specs are as follows

CPU: I9 9900k - oc'd 5.1ghz @1.305 vcore
RAM: 4x8 Corsair vengeance pro rgb 3200 in white xmp profile active oc'd to 3600

MOBO: Z390 AORUS MASTER
GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 XTREME oc'd to 1985mhz core clock 14350mhz memory clock

STORAGE:
Primary OS: Samsung 970 Evo+ 500gb m.2
Secondary: 500gb SanDisk m.2
Primary storage: 2tb Seagate firecuda sshd
Secondary storage: 2x 2tb Seagate barracuda 3.5" old school mechanical drives @7200rpm

CASE: LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic XL in white
FANS: 9X Lian li Bora digital rgb in silver
4x PcCooler Corona ARGB fans (3 under 64mm rad and one on rear of case for exhaust, I would've bought another set of Lian li boras but was trying to keep costs down, I'll probably pickup another set+1 soon

COOLING:
CPU BLOCK: Bykski FR-CU-RA-2018-V2
GPU BLOCK: Phanteks glacier 2080/2080ti
RESERVOIR: Phanteks glacier R220
PUMP: (mounted in reservoir) thermaltake Pacific pr15-ddc
RADIATORS:1X thermaltake 32mmx360mm Pacific copper. 1x themselves 64mmx360mm Pacific copper
TUBING: 16mm OD thermaltake hard tubing

LIGHTING: 3X phanteks neon argb strips (best rgb lighting strips I have ever used) they diffuse the light so smoothly and are very flexible

1x thermaltake Pacific rad plus LED panel

And there you have it... I'm very proud of this build.. Not only because of the time, money, and love I put into it, but because I'm a father of 3 and my wife is a stay at home mom, so all the bills fall on my back, and I have a beautiful home for my beautiful family, but I haven't been able to build my own pc again since I was 19 years old, I am now 34 and this is the only money i have spent on myself in 12 years and I worked very hard to have the ability to do it while not emptying our bank account or taking any food from my kids or wife which I would never do in a million years.

I really hope you guys like it, but please if there is something you don't particularly like please tell me, I welcome any criticism you may have, I'm always changing it and I would love some insight from some other experienced PC builders as well, everyone I know looks at it in awe and doesn't even know what it is, my mother in law thought it was some kind of wine fridge lol

Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy the pics
View attachment 209000View attachment 209001View attachment 209002View attachment 209003View attachment 209004View attachment 209005View attachment 209006View attachment 209007View attachment 209008View attachment 209009View attachment 209010View attachment 209011View attachment 209012View attachment 209013View attachment 209014View attachment 209015

My old school e8600 search for 5ghz. I put this together with nothing but old parts and around $25 in water additives + fan controller. The radiator, pump(eheim 600lph)/res, and NB block are all from 1A-Cooling which was a German company around for a few years in the early-mid 2000s. They made great stuff... Random d-tek CPU block and swiftech GPU block. The ati hd4850 was zombified. Cut off and remounted the vrm part of the heatsink and tore apart an old DC motor controller's side heatsink extrusions for the memory. Using two super ridiculous 1.4a enterprise fans on the radiator. At full blast, and at 4.7ghz @ 1.424V on the CPU, I can't get above 50C on a prime95 stress test. At a more manageable noise level, it gets up to around 53-55C. That's with the NB and GPU in the loop all in series. The 4850 was running around 80C before, across the board, and now sits around 30-31C. Massive difference compared to the way undersized stock cooler. Used home depot tubing that was in the bin of old goodies to complete the job. There's a random assortment of both 1/2"ID and 7/16"ID tubing in there since I didn't have enough 1/2" fittings. Mounted the radiator to the top of the case. Used a monster brand LED strip inside and the bulb that came with it in a lamp above the system. Got that for $10 open box at Walmart. Uses a remote control to change colors. The purple area with larger amounts of UV light up the coolant additives pretty nicely.

Going to give this to my little cousin once I break the 5ghz club. He's getting into the computer hobby, and he'd get a kick out of it even though the hardware is over 10 years old. Will get to show him the basics of overclocking and all that. Fun times on $25!

e8600 @ 4.703ghz, 1.424V
DFI LP LT x48 1.0
8GB DDR2-800 @ 901
Kingston 120GB SSD
2x Seagate 500gb 7200rpm
ATI HD4850
Rosewill USB 3 pcie

Haha thanks man. I'll throw a couple more pics in this evening if I remember. Have done some things since. Miss the good old days, and I, too, miss DFI. Best overclocking boards I've ever had... although I haven't been into the hobby in a long while. This old conglomeration of parts lit the fire for me again.

Nice to see some old school components getting put to use. Yes, please share more pictures if you can.

Almost wish I didn't get rid of my old DFI Nforce2 board.

That's a serious piece of PC, I dig it!

What all is monitored on the front display? I could make out some but not all of it.

I can control/stop the 2 rear fan from that controller. and there are few air temp sensor (intake air /exhaust temp ) ,completely unnecessary , but i already had this Phobya controller , so why not use it :)

So I decided to pull the trigger on upgrading my main computer. It was getting a little long in the teeth for what I use it for (video editing, emulation, and other things), so I decided to pull the trigger on a new system.

Here is the old system
View attachment 211169
Yes, I know it's dusty.
View attachment 211170
msi x79a-gd45
E5-2670 V2
32GB DDR3
EVGA 1080ti hydrocopper

No slouch by any means, and it has served me well for 5-6 years, and will continue to do so in its new build.

But on to the good stuff.
My new rig

Asus WS C621E SAGE
2x 8280 platinum 28c/56t processors ES (engineering samples)
192GB 2133 samsung ecc memory (though I only have 128GB installed in these pics)
EVGA 1080ti hydrocopper

View attachment 211171
These are freaking huge
View attachment 211172
2x EK-Annihilator Pro - Square ILM
View attachment 211173
Sweet sweet watercooling goodness
View attachment 211174
I love how the lights on the board light up the tubing. It is a shame the board does not have more on the top half.
View attachment 211175
Running nice and cool.

I just ordered 4 nvme ssd's and a pcie x16 controller card, because I am finding that these processors are sucking my samsung 500GB SSD dry under heavy workloads.
I might upgrade the gpu before long, but I will let my wallet recover a bit before I go upgrading that. I game very little any more, so it is not a huge priority.

And I am sure I will get some comments about why I did not go with an EPYC. The price was right on these and the system, and it would have costed several thousand more to go that route.

It is an overkill computer, but it was worth it for the gained productivity and saved time.

Back