• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow... one of those 28C/56T chips costs more than I'm likely to spend on my next rig ...

Hell, most nodes in our University HPC facility are 'only' 2x 20C/20T (HT disabled) Xeons + 192GB RAM ... There are a few 4x 20C + 3TB nodes but you have to basically prove that multiple normal nodes won't cut it before they let you access those.

Is 5x120 enough radiator for 56 core and a 1080ti? Seems like you would need quite a bit more under load.

So 2x205W + 250W, assuming no over clocking or undervolting, puts him at 650W. Factoring the 100W/120mm rule of thumb puts him about 150W shy of what would generally be considered adequate.

Just curious is all.

So 2x205W + 250W, assuming no over clocking or undervolting, puts him at 650W. Factoring the 100W/120mm rule of thumb puts him about 150W shy of what would generally be considered adequate.

Just curious is all.

It runs perfectly cool, no problems at all under full load. They are good rads with good fans (hardware labs black ice nemesis gts 240 and 360). Been running for a couple days and I am happy with the temps so far. I can always add another rad in the top if I ever find the temps unacceptable. I am not overclocking anything at the moment. I am running the cpu's at 3.1 with speedstep disabled, and the gpu runs a stock with stock throttling. Our recommendation for rads was based off of much older rad tech. While it is a good starting point, it is far from perfect. I ran the old system off of a single mcr320qpk and mever had a single problem with temps, even during extended gaming sessions. So I think I will be good.

Dude, that is awesome.

What kind of workloads are you doing that need dual CPUs?

I do lots of video editing and encoding. I have a couple friends with youtube channels that I help. So the time savings is really worth it in the end. I put the whole system including the new drives together (minus the case, video cards, and other parts I already had) for about $5900. Which is expensive as hell, but my time is money and it saves me a lot of time. I figure I will be good for the next 15 years before I need to upgrade again :D so there is that aspect as well.

I do lots of video editing and encoding. I have a couple friends with youtube channels that I help. So the time savings is really worth it in the end. I put the whole system including the new drives together (minus the case, video cards, and other parts I already had) for about $5900. Which is expensive as hell, but my time is money and it saves me a lot of time. I figure I will be good for the next 15 years before I need to upgrade again :D so there is that aspect as well.

That's a really good price! 82080s are £9.6k each here ~ $12.3k. EACH.

My fully watercooled ITX rig

lhrqU78.jpg

5kfxxyG.jpg

GxdW0KY.jpg

9C0mTrg.jpg

First go at hard line

So my system should be nothing that needs to be rehashed (in the sig). I have been kicking the can on trying hard line tubing for years. I finally gave in and pulled the trigger. I went with a new case (RAIJINTEK PONOS TG)(the only mid tower that supported SSI-EEB) and had at it. I figured that I would pay homage to my 10 years on this forum to continuing where I began x2. I put 2x 3x120 rads in a mid tower case. A logistical nightmare, and not for the faint of heart. My 10 year old Danger Den rad res from my first water cooling build made it possible. Here she is in her glory.
View attachment 211351
View attachment 211352
View attachment 211353

Thank you to all of the members of this great community (past and present) that fueled my passion for overclocking and custom computers.

Back