• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Pipe 101?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CircuitBreaker8 said:
I never cared much about those azns :-/
??? hey whats that supposed to mean? azn= asian, as in orientals :-/

DanielDynasty, i'd stay away from all TT products except for their PSUs. they are imitation low quality crap for noobies IMHO. the cooler master hyper6 is supposed to cool even better than the thermalright sp series, CM products are high quality and good looking, im not saying that because i have alot of CM products, i have the products because of what i stated

A lot of the CM products need to be lapped. I know from personal experience, both the Jet7 and the IH-7 everest need to be lapped.

Obviously, this is turning into a fanboy match, NO WINNERS! Every one is going to vote otherwise, and no one will ever get a straight answer, so what you Should do, is have a vote. or a test to finaly shut people up. BUT THATS NOT THE CASE! He said..."i have $40 and CANT use a credit or debit card online. So the real ? here is....Does someone know what the performance rating on a Thermaltake Pipe 101 CPU Heatsink is!?!?!?!

No more buy this buy that, if you dont have a straight answer, than basicly your spaming and not helping the question, I have had 1 spam answer, the others were ways of alternative buying.

Also you can ignore me cause ive had a REALLY long day and every time i come to this thread....NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER!!

PS: have you had a chance to ask a friend yet?

yes i know that the OLDER heatsinks do need lapping, but check out reviews of the Hyper6, my CM waterblock came with a mirror lap job
man_utd said:
A lot of the CM products need to be lapped. I know from personal experience, both the Jet7 and the IH-7 everest need to be lapped.

i thought he said he had a choice between TT and CM? :-/
Hellion said:
Obviously, this is turning into a fanboy match, NO WINNERS! Every one is going to vote otherwise, and no one will ever get a straight answer, so what you Should do, is have a vote. or a test to finaly shut people up. BUT THATS NOT THE CASE! He said..."i have $40 and CANT use a credit or debit card online. So the real ? here is....Does someone know what the performance rating on a Thermaltake Pipe 101 CPU Heatsink is!?!?!?!

No more buy this buy that, if you dont have a straight answer, than basicly your spaming and not helping the question, I have had 1 spam answer, the others were ways of alternative buying.

Also you can ignore me cause ive had a REALLY long day and every time i come to this thread....NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER!!

PS: have you had a chance to ask a friend yet?

Well it's good to see that they have turned around. The everest wasn't that bad, but the Jet7 was horrendous. I went down to 200grit to get it at a flat base before I got back to 1200 grit.

bobmanfoo said:
i thought he said he had a choice between TT and CM? :-/

Sorry, forgot what CM stood for...or TT for that matter, im always doing that. But still! we could find the answer faster by useing the same method i suggested! right?

yeah, but i got a Thermaltake P4 Spark 7+ once, The grooves were so deep, i could count them lol.
But, that was a long time ago, hopefully they have done somethng about that by now.

Here's a Coolermaster HS that doesn't look too bad... the IHC-H71 ( where do they come up with these names :eh?: ) . It has a C/W rating of .16 from overclockers.com, so that puts it at about the same level as most Thermalright HS's. The base is poorly finished, but the reviewer said that lapping lowered load temps by 3°C. Here's the source link for the review LINK and the link for the HS rankings LINK don't forget to read the entire intro... you probably won't understand it unless you do.

[edit] the CM HS was the IHC not the ICH, error corrected.

Last edited:
mtb856 said:
Here's a Coolermaster HS that doesn't look too bad... the ICH-H71 ( where do they come up with these names :eh?: ) . It has a C/W rating of .16 from overclockers.com, so that puts it at about the same level as most Thermalright HS's. The base is poorly finished, but the reviewer said that lapping lowered load temps by 3°C. Here's the source link for the review LINK and the link for the HS rankings LINK don't forget to read the entire intro... you probably won't understand it unless you do.

THANK YOU! Finaly, someone that gets my point. HEHEH, i might just have to check that out :clap:

TT isn't too bad... check out my sig.

The difference between the 101 and sp94 is about .1 degrees cooling, and $10 price. (sp94 is cooler -- but not by much, and $10 more expensive).

-Frank

TT Silent Boost K7 LINK 26 bucks

CM Hyper 6, beat out the SP-94 but it costs just as much LINK

I couldn't find the IHC-H71, although a few of the reviews I looked at were dated from a while back, so it might not be sold anymore. :( Sorry, I should have checked that before hand.

Oops, I guess the Silent Boost is for AMD's only... I thought they had a P4 version.

Here's a page with a P4 Silent Boost, but it definitely isn't 26 bucks LINK You might look at some of the other HS's on that page and SVC and see if you like any of them.

Back