• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Pipe 101?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JFettig said:
has thermaltake ever done anything becides the orb origional? actually I dont think the orb was even origional. some panasonic hs was like that probably before it.......

I wouldnt support their habits, thermalright is the way to go:)

Jon

I'm with you on this. sp-94 is extrememly successful, So let's add 1 more heatpipe and use a cheaper mounting system!

Not necessarilly cheaper.. as you can choose between all three mounting methods..

BTW, I got my sink for $20 at Fry's.. If you look on the TT website, they have the sink (with more fins) for the socket 478... can you use clips or mounting bracket or both?

-Frank

Cool :cool:

Should work out well for you, just make sure you use the backplate. It's a monster from what I've heard, almost two pounds of copper !:eek: . If it cools better than the SP-94, you should have some pretty low temps... glad you were able to find something you liked, and good luck in your cooling! :D

well i just installed my sp97 and i'd like to say...this is the best hs out there. my load temps have dropped dramatically. i'm nowhere above 40 load and i'm running 230x11.5 with 1.8 vcore and i'm about to move up. the only issue i have with thermalright though is the installation procedure. i had an annoying time trying to install this thing because i have been using clip ons for a long time for their ease of taking off the hs. if i get the settings i want i will not take this hs off again as it was very annoying to install and i don't think i can go through it again.

nocturnal714 said:
well i just installed my sp97 and i'd like to say...this is the best hs out there. my load temps have dropped dramatically. i'm nowhere above 40 load and i'm running 230x11.5 with 1.8 vcore and i'm about to move up. the only issue i have with thermalright though is the installation procedure. i had an annoying time trying to install this thing because i have been using clip ons for a long time for their ease of taking off the hs. if i get the settings i want i will not take this hs off again as it was very annoying to install and i don't think i can go through it again.

you might have to check the thermal grease every long time or so but at least your cooling! my friend had smoke coming out of his cpu!!! :bang head

Oh, and dynasty! do you have a prescott or northwood? or other?

yea i've been practicing putting it on and off today and i think i finally got the hang of it. problem wuz that i machine screwed the bolts on when the directions say to finger screw them tight. that was a big mistake.

nocturnal714 said:
yea i've been practicing putting it on and off today and i think i finally got the hang of it. problem wuz that i machine screwed the bolts on when the directions say to finger screw them tight. that was a big mistake.

ARHAHAHA! LMAO practicing puttining it on and off.

Its cool, guys dont read instructions anyways right? heh i do....NOW! :clap:

Hellion said:
ARHAHAHA! LMAO practicing puttining it on and off.

Its cool, guys dont read instructions anyways right? heh i do....NOW! :clap:

yea i should have read the instructions first, but you know how it is. :D

Heh, my dad put in a screen door, didnt fit right, got mad, cut it, than noticed a piece of plastic at the bottom of the screen! LMAO it hasnt fit right since lol

Back