• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of Folding,need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok this look right?

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 42
Ok here is all three,hope I did it right..

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 41
If these are correct,set me up on getting my CPU working,hate to have it feel left out:)

Might try re-configuring the client (fah.exe -configonly) and re-enter your name and team. :shrug:

I did notice at the top of the log it said anonymous but at the bottom it shows my name and team,can the log file be deleted and will it stat a new one?

OH! Crap I didn't catch that...yes, it's probably from when you first ran the client. Sorry, I thought it was showing anonymous within the console still.

Any-who, yes, it's safe to delete the log(s). (There are two). It'll create a new one. :)

OH! Yup I didn't catch that -- yes, it's probably from when you first ran the client. Sorry, I thought it was showing anonymous within the console still.

Any-who, yes, it's safe to delete the log(s). (There are two). It'll create a new one. :)

Yep it did,and I reentered the client in the HFM but still shows anonymous,but the new log shows name and team,maybe I need to wait till it finishes?

One of the pros will have to correct me here, but I think that the user/team information is contained within the queue.dat file (or whatever it's called). Since this is stored at the time that the WU was downloaded and started, any changes won't be reflected until the WU is finished (or removed, etc).

I may be totally incorrect, though. ;)

One of the pros will have to correct me here, but I think that the user/team information is contained within the queue.dat file (or whatever it's called). Since this is stored at the time that the WU was downloaded and started, any changes won't be reflected until the WU is finished (or removed, etc).

I may be totally incorrect, though. ;)

Yeah it must be cause i have redid it 3 times per the instructions and it still say anonymous,so I will wait and pray it works:D

If the WU is new, aka only 5% ~ 10% or less complete, you could just kill the WU and not really have wasted that much time.

I tried restarting it,but it just took off from where it left off..

To kill the WU, you'll need to exit the client, and then remove the 'work' directory (and all files it contains). Then remove the .dat file. You can also remove the .txt files if you want.

Re-run the client, and it should grab a new WU.

To kill the WU, you'll need to exit the client, and then remove the 'work' directory (and all files it contains). Then remove the .dat file. You can also remove the .txt files if you want.

Re-run the client, and it should grab a new WU.

Ahh ok ill give that a shot..thanks;)

Back