• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to OC this 3.0C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FreakinSyco

Time to OC this 3.0C -- Info Needed!

Ok so I'm all set to give my 3.0C the work out. I am about to start upping the FSB till it wont post.

But I need to get a few things straight.

CPU Voltage. I understand it would help to up this a step when I top out at my max FSB. What is the stock voltage? My BIOS allows for 1.3v - 1.6v in .5v steps. I seem to see voltages much higher than these in some peoples signatures.

DDR Voltage. Same as the CPU up it one notch when it tops out. What is stock? BIOS allows for 2.7v 2.8v 2.9v.

Im almost sure you are going to say that my mobo isn't going to let my voltages go up as high as it should. SO..

-System Specs-
P4 3.0 HT 800FSB
SP-94 and AS5 w/ 92mm Panaflo
Soyo Dragon 2 Platinum
ATI Radeon 9500pro

There is a BIOS update for my mobo ...

http://soyousa.com/downloads/select...oc_Intel+Pentium+4&col2=233&col3=BIOS+Upgrade

The one at the bottom says overclocked BIOS. God I'd hate to flash my BIOS.. but if its neccasary... lets see what I can't get up to without doing that. (I dont even have a floppy drive installed on my computer lol).

So anyway.. I FOLD so it has to be 100% stable 24/7.

Running at 3.22GHZ at the moment.. I want to get this all straight before I go for bigger...

FreakinSyco

(PS I have no idea what batch .. or numbers.. are on my processor.. I shoulda looked yesterday when I put on the SP-94

Last edited:
make sure you lock your pci/agp to 33/66 this will add some stability and what is the speed of your ram? and has it got heatspeaders installed? most ram can handle 2.9 vdimm

usually good to find an unstable point without raising the voltage first but up to 1.6vcore is usually ok depending on your temps

good luck and maybe start folding for maxvla:D

Sorry about that.. I meant to include RAM

I have 1 gig (2x512) PC3200 Black Diamond

But noone has awnsered any of my questions.. What is the stock DDR voltage.. and what is the stock CPU voltage?? As of now all settings are at default in my BIOS..

So I've read the stickies..

FreakinSyco

stock vcore is 1.55v
stock vdimm is 2.5v (could be different for some ram though. check your ram's latency ratings. usually is listed along with those.)

depending on your mobo you should be able to flash from windows. its safe. i've done it several times.

Back