• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Total Credit - does it include claimed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enkidu

I just setup a script today to walk through all my results and display pending work units, claimed/granted credit, etc - and something odd struck me with the numbers...

The "Granted Credit" the script reported was far, far short of the "Total Credit" listed on the official seti@home website... however it was short almost precisely by the amount my script is reporting "Claimed Credit" (Ie: pending).

SO the question is - does the total credit listing on the official seti site include claimed credit for pending work units - or is it only granted? I had always assumed it was showing granted credit only, but now I am wondering...

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

In case that was confusing - i'll just paste the numbers - when viewing the following, note that the official boinc page is currently listing my credit as just over 80,100. Note the numbers in red below.

User *CREDIT (COBBLESTONE)* Statistics
Granted Total: 68039.36
Pending Total: 12124.22
Total: 80163.58

User *WORK-UNIT* Statistics:
Total: 3374
Completed: 2741
Outstanding: 633 (In-Progress or Invalid)
Pending: 446

Claim vs. Grant Accuracy:

Accuracy: 104.96% (64823.49 Claimed, 68039.36 Granted)

and finally - if it matters, the data source is: http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/results.php?userid=6456 (and the script "clicks" next through the entire list).

Enk

Enkidu, I believe that old work units eventually drop off the list of granted credits. That could explain where the extra 12000 went. AFAIK, claimed credit is NOT added into the total credit listing.

P.S. care to post the script? That would be kewl to have... or is it basically the same as the one in the other thread?

Back