• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** 3rd Annual "March Madness" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bit depressing, those numbers are.

I have 12 entries, constituting something like .01% of the overall total :p

Thanks guys, I just found out there a few hours ago. I'm actually stuck in California at the moment, was meant to fly home last Sunday but i'm still here. Thanks again :D

Keep up the good fold!!!!

Last edited:
I had a GPU fail...:( (after the start)
It was producing about 5-7K PPD

Same here Mark one of my 8800GT's wont fold and also got either Mobo or Ram issues on the Quaddy's system, that also means no GPU running on it either, so been down with a 15K - 20K hit on production :confused: :(

EDIT Hopefully the Quaddy rig will be fixed once I receive the Corsair Dominator Ram, have purchased coming from Dealysyn, should be here next week some time!

The New X48 system still requires DDR3 ram, so hopefully might have by CC, still looking for some a very expensive here!

Last edited:
Stats Update!

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.

Totals - Including All Participants

Total Points: 45,086,174

Total Work Units: 49,274

Total PPD Increase: 398,402.3

Once again, congratulations to the Winner of the Viewsonic 22" Widescreen LCD... the_cultie. :clap: Let's have a hearty round of grats for our Winner!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Man!!! These are some blistering numbers you all are putting up!!! If we have this group of folks Folding for us in the Chimp Challenge we'll have one fine showing!!! :)

Speaking of the CC... the Official Team 32 Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread is up!!! Check it out... go Pledge Your PPD to T32monkeys!!! Don't forget to Request a Passkey if you need it.

thfoldon.gif

Well I am losing my borg today so now everyone has a chance to catch up to me :(
I honestly don't know how to feel about this.

Good: You just recently passed me, and now I can catch up/overtake you.

Bad: All that work for Stanford is no longer being done. (Or is it? Is that computer still Folding, just not under your name? If that's the case, then this becomes a Win-Win situation... :D Well, for me, not you.)

I honestly don't know how to feel about this.

Good: You just recently passed me, and now I can catch up/overtake you.

Bad: All that work for Stanford is no longer being done. (Or is it? Is that computer still Folding, just not under your name? If that's the case, then this becomes a Win-Win situation... :D Well, for me, not you.)

Well it seems to be a win win for you then Jon. This guy just randomly folds for people and i just so happened to be the one this time, with a little begging of course.

He told me today that my lasy WU would be done this sunday.

Is it May 1st yet? I have a GPU (8800GTS from eVGA) that is on the fritz that I need to test out for a possible RMA... Randomly gets EUEs after a good day of folding (at stock frequencies) :(

:drool::drool: Thats a lot of folding power 141,000 PPD and 2 of your clients were showing at zero! Welcome to Team32 :welcome:

I think I'm gonna have to sit the chimp challange out... need to bring the machines down for some much needed maintenance as it is... just waiting for contest to end, then its time to dig into the main box for the next weekend and see what I can do to it :D

I think I'm gonna have to sit the chimp challange out... need to bring the machines down for some much needed maintenance as it is... just waiting for contest to end, then its time to dig into the main box for the next weekend and see what I can do to it :D

:( but the CC will only last about a week and we need all the PPD we can get

Is it too late to enter? :screwy:
I got most of my farm up and running.
1hph8n.jpg

Just kidding. I'll consider the chimp challenge.

I welcome Team Drugless with open arms. :) The only thing I ask is that if you're bringin' it... you bring it from the opening gate. The Team Captains' expressed a distaste for folks moving around during the challenge. However, if you're not already Folding for another Team involved in the challenge, then I see no problem with you joining us for the race whenever you want. :) I think that's called good recruitment. :)

How much do I have to beg? :D

@Bluefalcon13 - yep... Rp is right, the CC will be over before you know it. Keep that rig pushing and you can take 'er down once the CC is over.

In the words of Mr. Scott - "Captain... I'm given' 'er all she's got!!!"

:( but the CC will only last about a week and we need all the PPD we can get

I welcome Team Drugless with open arms. :) The only thing I ask is that if you're bringin' it... you bring it from the opening gate. The Team Captains' expressed a distaste for folks moving around during the challenge. However, if you're not already Folding for another Team involved in the challenge, then I see no problem with you joining us for the race whenever you want. :) I think that's called good recruitment. :)

How much do I have to beg? :D

@Bluefalcon13 - yep... Rp is right, the CC will be over before you know it. Keep that rig pushing and you can take 'er down once the CC is over.

In the words of Mr. Scott - "Captain... I'm given' 'er all she's got!!!"

Booo.... I was looking forward to deep cleaning the desktop... You are both lucky I have lifetime warranties on my GFX cards, otherwise I'd be PM'ing a bill for a new rig if this one melted from dust bunnies :p

fine... I'll help, but I dont know how much longer the 8800GTS is gonna hold out... it needs to be RMA'd again o_O

Back