• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** 3rd Annual "March Madness" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For that I use my oilless shop air compressor. No dust bunny can withstand it. My wife looks at me kind of funny when I start dragging air hose in from the garage and the dust cloud created can be impressive if the rig hasn't been blown out in a while.

For that I use my oilless shop air compressor. No dust bunny can withstand it. My wife looks at me kind of funny when I start dragging air hose in from the garage and the dust cloud created can be impressive if the rig hasn't been blown out in a while.

One of those would be nice to have :p

Either way, PPD is dropping after the Chimp Challenge for some good old GFX card troubleshooting, and a nice deep clean on the box while I'm at it :D

I welcome Team Drugless with open arms. :) The only thing I ask is that if you're bringin' it... you bring it from the opening gate. The Team Captains' expressed a distaste for folks moving around during the challenge. However, if you're not already Folding for another Team involved in the challenge, then I see no problem with you joining us for the race whenever you want. :) I think that's called good recruitment. :)

I have never folded for any of the teams in the CC except 32 so I guess I'm in the clear?

I have never folded for any of the teams in the CC except 32 so I guess I'm in the clear?

Sweet!!! :beer: I think that makes you an official T32monkey, no questions asked. :) Now, how much do I have to beg to keep you here all the time. :D

Stats Update!

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.

Totals - Including All Participants

Total Points: 60,556,227

Total Work Units: 65,029

Total PPD Increase: 416,791.0

Now only three days left in (Not) March Madness!!! Now get freakin' fired up 32!!! It's gettin' time for some monkey style, poo flingin', chimp-a-rific action!!!

We need everyone who participated in March Madness to keep it in high gear and switch over to T32monkeys at the end of the contest. The honor of your Team and Forum is on the line!!! Plus I'll buy you a beer. :beer:

The winners will be announced no later than Wednesday, May 5th at 12pm PDT to kick off the Chimp Challenge. :)

The Official Team 32 Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread is up!!!

Go Pledge Your PPD to T32monkeys!!!

Don't forget to Request a Passkey if you need it.

thfoldon.gif

Thanks for the call to Fold FC!!! :beer: I'll be doing a stats update this evening, and then again on Sunday with the final numbers.

All my i7 are currently running their last bigadv wu for HayesK prior to the start of the CC. The i7 will be running a few regular SMP later this weekend, then reconfig for T32monkeys Monday morning before heading off to work, which should post results Wed afternoon/evening. Plan to switch the remaining CPU late Tuesday night, and the GPU early Wed morning.

I think that's an excellent plan Hayes... I'm putting my i7s on -oneunit tonight as well. From some reading I've done, it appears some teams think you can switch the bigadv or A3 WUs in the middle of a WU and get credit for the new username and passkey. I trust our membership knows better. Maybe if just changing the username, but NOT in conjunction with the Passkey.

Stats Update!

Total Points: 65,115,262

Total Work Units: 70,368

Total PPD Increase: 398,048.0

Batten down the hatches!!! Just about 32 (no pun intended) hours left to go... Now get freakin' fired up 32!!! It's gettin' time for some monkey style, poo flingin', chimp-a-rific action!!!

We need everyone who participated in March Madness to keep it in high gear and switch over to T32monkeys at the end of the contest. The honor of your Team and Forum is on the line!!! Plus I'll buy you a beer. :beer:

The winners will be announced no later than Wednesday, May 5th at 12pm PDT to kick off the Chimp Challenge. :)

thfoldon.gif

Stats Update!

Total Points: 69,657,631

Total Work Units: 74,571

Total PPD Increase: 381,387.4

Congratulations to our PPD Contest Winner FatCamel!!! He took the field by storm with a PPD Change of over 140k!!! Yes, that's over 140 thousand PPD!!! Way to Fold 'em FatCamel!!! You win the BFG GTX260-216! :clap:

Also, congratulations to the winner of the 22" Viewsonic Widescreen LCD, the_cultie. Please everyone give our two winners and everyone who participated in the contest a round of applause. The contest caused our Team PPD to raise by 380k. That equates to 10.5 million more points we produced over the course of the contest. That's just a fantastic accomplishment!!! :clap:

The winner of the i7 920 CPU will be announced no later than Wednesday, May 5th at 12pm PDT to kick off the Chimp Challenge. :)

thfoldon.gif

Back