• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** 2nd Annual "March Madness" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With compu whtchamalcallit, nobody has a chance for that 9800gt. LOL

I wouldn't say that. Last one was one by somebody who makes less that 20K ppd if I remember right.

And ChasR hasn't won any of these yet...

He's referring to the surprise PPD Increase Contest. Computekinc has a commanding lead in that one. Here are the top 5 in that contest:

Computekinc.....22,195
Klear...............10,813
CJ5..................9,620
Torin................9,027
Duner...............7,998

The raffle contest is for the 9800GTX+.

Just got a free copy of mirror's edge from the 2nd video card I just purchased (first one had a cd key as well)

Went ahead and sent a PM to OP to donate it to the contest.

He's referring to the surprise PPD Increase Contest. Computekinc has a commanding lead in that one. Here are the top 5 in that contest:

Computekinc.....22,195
Klear...............10,813
CJ5..................9,620
Torin................9,027
Duner...............7,998

The raffle contest is for the 9800GTX+.

That is what I get for reading to fast. Sorry about that. :bang head

Torin, you're in 4th place right now. Do you have anything else up your sleeve that you could put to work? If not, maybe a trip to the power plant in Missouri would help your case (Computekinc's location). ;) ;)
jk, jk

Man... i would love to win a 9800GT I don't even care about the 9800GTX because i know I would never win it since my entry would be dwarfed by everyone else. Maybe next contest you should have an entry fee, that way there can be more prizes like "most productive new member to team32" where they get an OCF t shirt or something lol.

Just got a free copy of mirror's edge from the 2nd video card I just purchased (first one had a cd key as well)

Went ahead and sent a PM to OP to donate it to the contest.

Thanks for the PM Sen... this will be added as a "runner-up" prize for the PPD contest. :)

Man... i would love to win a 9800GT I don't even care about the 9800GTX because i know I would never win it since my entry would be dwarfed by everyone else. Maybe next contest you should have an entry fee, that way there can be more prizes like "most productive new member to team32" where they get an OCF t shirt or something lol.

You may want to check out how last year's contests went down. See here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=571100

It doesn't take a Folding "army" to have a chance at victory. It's all luck of the draw. :)

I'm going to start a new thread here soon... asking for new ideas for future contests. The "most productive new member" sounds interesting. When adding these ideas please think about how this distiction would be determined. What time frame constitues a "new" member? 1 week, 1 month, 3 months? And how would "most productive" be determined? Total points over a specific time period? Current 7 day PPD on a specific day (end of each month maybe)?

Just putting the bug in ya'lls ears... it's easy to say and another thing to quantify. ;)

Lastly, stats update tonight... it may or may not be decently late tonight. I've got family in from up North.

I would like to donate a copy of Stalker (came with my mobo, I already own it on Steam) as a second random drawing prize...

Thanks for the PM Sen... this will be added as a "runner-up" prize for the PPD contest. :)

You may want to check out how last year's contests went down. See here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=571100

It doesn't take a Folding "army" to have a chance at victory. It's all luck of the draw. :)

I'm going to start a new thread here soon... asking for new ideas for future contests. The "most productive new member" sounds interesting. When adding these ideas please think about how this distiction would be determined. What time frame constitues a "new" member? 1 week, 1 month, 3 months? And how would "most productive" be determined? Total points over a specific time period? Current 7 day PPD on a specific day (end of each month maybe)?

Just putting the bug in ya'lls ears... it's easy to say and another thing to quantify. ;)

Lastly, stats update tonight... it may or may not be decently late tonight. I've got family in from up North.

Thanks for considering my suggestion. My idea of "new" member to folding the team would be someone who has joined less than 3 months. The most productive part would be up to you guys. I think this would be more fun and encourage more people to fold on the forums if not everyone is doing it already. It might even encourage non forum members to join. :p I do realize that the award is based on luck of draw. But since you get an amount of entry based on how many work units you complete, wouldn't it be safe to say that those with larger farms capable of completing 30-50 work units a day would have an incredibly higher winning chance than those with only 1-4 farming rigs? I do however don't know how many in team 32 have a farms of more than 4 rigs so yeah :p

Stats Update!

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.

Totals - Including All Participants

Total Points: 22,411,461

Total Work Units: 37,146

Total PPD Increase: 109,493.3

A Second Place PPD Prize has been generously donated by Sentential. Thank You Sen! :) It is the PC Game Mirror's Edge. It can be downloaded at the link posted in the top post. The CD Key will be provided to the winner.

Thanks again to everyone for participating!!! :beer: Go kick some MPC grass!!! :D

thfoldon.gif

Ugh, I had my rig go down and a Phenom 9500 and two 9800GT's just sitting there doing nothing for the last few days. Things will come around, I think I'll have enough to catch #2 in the PPD standings, but I already have that mirrors edge coupon.

I figured that might be the case with some folks who have just recently bought video cards... we have another possible game donation as well. If that get solidified then we'll have the 2nd place PPD contest prize as a choice of either game. :) Third place will get the game not taken by the 2nd place winner.

Added copy of Far Cry 2 as a PPD Contest runner-up Second/Third place prize.

Stats Update!

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.

Totals - Including All Participants

Total Points: 25,659,212

Total Work Units: 40,174

Total PPD Increase: 124,761.3

Second/Third/Fourth Place PPD Prizes have been generously donated and added to the Top Post as well. Thank you Sentential, Computek, & petteyg359 for your generosity! :) We have Mirror's Edge, Farcry 2, & S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl up for grabs.

Thanks again to everyone for participating!!! :beer: Go kick some MPC grass!!! :D

thfoldon.gif

Back