• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMOS Speed Premium BH-die Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
felinusz said:
No, he means a lower VDIMM voltage :).

As an aside, I highly reccomend that you whip out the 5V jumper, and see how far your sticks will go with more voltage. Keep track of how they scale, stop when diminishing returns kick in if you are worried about damage. I would not be concerned with your sticks dying, so long as they are appropriately cooled. From what I've seen, these UTT BH memory ICS are a lot like BH-5 - they can take higher voltages, and often see gains from it.
Were you explaining that to me? If you read the first page we were comparing results. Of course I already ran the higher voltage on my ram, and whatnot. I got it up to 257fsb memtest stable at 3.56v. Were you really talking to me, lol?

I wanted to see if my sticks could do 2-2-2-5(6) with stock voltage. That's all, and I ended up trying 2-2-2-6 at the optimized defaults (2.6v) and it looped full memtest at 49 passes before I stopped it (about 24 hours worth).

o.k. I'm back on my TwinMOS ram for the moment preparing for the Grand Prix at XS. One thing I've found in order to get memtest stable on test 8 you have to get the right TREF. Somewhere between 2500-3500 is where my system is currently stable. I know this was discussed earlier in the thread but now I have first hand experience. :)

What Grand Prix at XS?

Also, how do you do 2500-3500? 7.8uS x 250mhz = 1950, and 7.8uS x 265mhz = 2067, so how do you get as far as 2500-3500?

Here is what I've got so far..... This is the best I can do without hooking up my AC duct mod....;)

DRAM Timings:
Ram Multi 5:6
CPC ENABLED
Tcl 2
Trcd 2
Tras 3
Trp 2
Trc 7
Trfc 12
Trrd 1
Twr 2
Twtr 1
Trwt 2
Tref 3120
Twcl 1
Bank Inter EN
Dynamic Skew Control Auto (On)
Skew Value 0
DRAM Drive Strength 07
DRAM Data Drive Strength 01
Max Async 8ns
Read Preamble 5ns
Idle Cycle 16
Dynamic Counter DIS
R/W Que Bypass 16X
Bypass MAx 7X
32 Bit Gran DIS

Attachments

• TwinMOS-BH.JPG
    TwinMOS-BH.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 150
Is that MBM5? The DFI NF4 boards are supported now?

Nice score!

Yes it is MBM5.... and has been supported for a few months now. You can pick up the file from DFI-Street.

What file? All I know is the mbm 5.3 install file... that's what I have.

g0dM@n

Were you explaining that to me? If you read the first page we were comparing results. Of course I already ran the higher voltage on my ram, and whatnot. I got it up to 257fsb memtest stable at 3.56v. Were you really talking to me, lol?

I wanted to see if my sticks could do 2-2-2-5(6) with stock voltage. That's all, and I ended up trying 2-2-2-6 at the optimized defaults (2.6v) and it looped full memtest at 49 passes before I stopped it (about 24 hours worth).

Yes, I was talking to you. 3.55V isn't particularly "high" as BH-5/BH-6/UTT memory goes, at least in my books.

g0dM@n

I can past test 5 at 3.5volts 255fsb 1:1 2-2-6-2-9-12-2-2-3-enabled-1-increase-0-6-2... 7ns, 5ns, dynamic timer enabled and the bottom ones default...

You should try scaling them to 3.8V, keeping track of gains to prevent damage, unless you are concerned about voiding the warranty. Most BH-5/BH-6/UTT will see gains at higher VDIMM voltages, your motherboard can deliver the voltage, so you may as well give it a shot :)

g0dM@n

What file? All I know is the mbm 5.3 install file... that's what I have.

The files and updates are all in the thread that JasonE4 linked you to:

JasonE4

It works if you do a little tweaking...thread

Last edited:
You own! :) So you think I should push 3.8v, eh? I'm not scared about blowing out the ram... I have 6 of these new BH5. I have 2x60mm fans blowing over them, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough for 3.8v.

I'd like to see what these could do with 3.8v..... might even make me switch over to my 5v rail...... :p

I wasn't pushing more than 3.6v with mine, but now I think I'm going to. It's just that it already gets pretty hot at 3.56v even though I have 2x60mm over them. If I could do 268 2-2-2 then I will be more than willing to spend a couple hours remaking a better aircool for the ram. I am running 298x9 on my CPU, and the 9:10 divider would give me 265, whereas the current 5:6 I'm on gives me 244.

I wonder why the dividers round down on the ram... 5:6 calculated gives me 248, and 9:10 calculated gives me 268, but when I try them memtest and cpu-z read 244 or 265.

It's extremely annoying. It must be some rounding error. I doubt the 5:6 and 9:10 dividers are those ACTUAL values. I'm sure they are just estimates.

:welcome:

I am greet unhappy :shrug: ( I as yet) owner 4x512MB Twinmos I have BH5 UTT 1A4Tgdyż problems with achievement stable settings (even SPD) :{

All on 2x512B is OK

I wait on help :) you can pass (how mat 4x512MB) your settings from biosu

My config this:

DFI NF4 Ultra - D bios 412-2, A64 3000 + venice, chieftec 420W,

I apologize for my English

:welcome: to you also....

here is a thread that may offer some help to your issue. I refer to it now and again just to see what new stuff people are using to get stable. I suggest you also look into some of the newer bios. I'm using the 6/18-2 bios and it seems to help a bit with UTT ram.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=379317

Welcome aboard this thread. :)

I have sold lots of my TwinMOS UTT, but I still have 6x512 BH5 left. :)

Are you going to run 2x512 in your machine and pick the best 2 of your 4, or are you going to run 4x512?

hi all again :)

I had once gskill 4400 LE 2x512MB :) and I wanted had more memory and I exchanged on so I will hold on 4x512MB twinmos

4x512MB stay :)

Thanks for link HousERaT, nobody has there :{ 4x512MB twinmos BH -5 UTT only 4x512MB TCCD

Yeah, 99% of people would use 2x512 over 4x512. I have 6x512 of the TwinMOS in my room, and I'd rather only use 2 modules in my system at a time.

And you can at me check how 4x512MB will act ?? what timing ???
because I already strengths not amma on these Twinmos 4x512

Back