• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMOS Speed Premium BH-die Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using 2 in my amd rig, and 2 in my intel... the other 2 i'm not going to use again b/c they are up for sale... sry guy :( Maybe some other time, but I won't have time this week.

Anyone down to revive this thread and play with some BH5 UTT again? I whipped mine outa the closet and threw it back into my main rig. I ended up selling my OCZ Plat TCCD and going back to tight timings. I initially went back to TCCD b/c of issues with UTT, but I'm prepared again!! :D

Right now my opteron 165 is cpu-burning at 308x9 on divider... ram is at 251 or 252mhz 1.5-2-2-6...

This ram does AT THE VERY LEAST 250...

I've had it do around 260 in memtest... man it takes a lotta tweaks. I'm back on the 623-3 bios. I have a problem, though... I can only boot the sticks for dual channel in yellow slots. I can't boot both dual channel in orange slots (I used to be able to).

did you try switching the sticks between orange slots? sometimes one particular stick just doesn't like 1 slot.

felinusz said:
Yes, I was talking to you. 3.55V isn't particularly "high" as BH-5/BH-6/UTT memory goes, at least in my books.
You should try scaling them to 3.8V, keeping track of gains to prevent damage, unless you are concerned about voiding the warranty. Most BH-5/BH-6/UTT will see gains at higher VDIMM voltages, your motherboard can deliver the voltage, so you may as well give it a shot :)

I will vouch for that. My 270MHz 2-2-2-2 on Mushkin PC3500 BH5 was on 3.7 V. I was struggling a bit with the airflow, so I had to stop there. Just make sure you keep your CPU VCore reasonably high (1.56 - 1.58V). :)

Garo, I thought you knew this; HV RAM works best with the Yellow slots and TCCD like stuff goes in the orange slots. Finally, don't expect anything special from your Opteron. It may not like your RAM and vice versa.

Speaking of going back to HV RAM, I'm back to BH5 (the true BH5 not garbage UTT) and somehow, everything seems smoother and snappy. Yes, the synthetic benchmarks are a tad lower, but I'm not too worried about that.

Last edited:
By the way, when I said I was burning in b4... I was burning in at 310x9 (1.48v smartguardian, 1.525v in bios) and memory at 254 1.5-2-2-6 (3.4v bios)... I just got back from lunchbreak, and now doing a burn-in at 312x9 (2mhz raise on fsb)...

Super Nade said:
I will vouch for that. My 270MHz 2-2-2-2 on Mushkin PC3500 BH5 was on 3.7 V. I was struggling a bit with the airflow, so I had to stop there. Just make sure you keep your CPU VCore reasonably high (1.56 - 1.58V). :)

Garo, I thought you knew this; HV RAM works best with the Yellow slots and TCCD like stuff goes in the orange slots. Finally, don't expect anything special from your Opteron. It may not like your RAM and vice versa.

Speaking of going back to HV RAM, I'm back to BH5 (the true BH5 not garbage UTT) and somehow, everything seems smoother and snappy. Yes, the synthetic benchmarks are a tad lower, but I'm not too worried about taht.

HAHA. you hit the edit button... I quoted you when you only had the first paragraph in there.

I've tried all the way up to 3.8v... trust me. I did that with my first opteron, a 3ghz 144, which was running at 1.58v.

1. I'm on a dual-core now though... I should run 1.56-1.58v on it?
2. How do you figure out what vcore you need to run 3.8v to your ram (I've seen it b4, but I forgot)?

I really wanna finally max out these sticks. I stopped playing with them after a while. I have 4000vx I just got too that I need to play with.

Thank you kind sir!!!

"if the 0.6 V differential is safe, this would be the safe values"

What's that mean? How do I find out about that...

I suppose you would have to scrounge around the tech docs. I used the first table. My CPU isn't dead yet :) I'm not aware of any accurate method to determine this, experimentally.

Back