• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unknown brand - 90 degrees G1 / 4 inch Swivel - black

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never heard of them.
Sorry should have said,

I believe the 'make' is not actually a make

'kein Hersteller' translates from German to English as 'no manufacturer'

So it would seem they are unbranded rotaries, just was hoping to hear from somebody who may have used them .....

Not sure I would trust a no brand fitting to hold a seal of liquids over your components. You don't know if the o-rings are so generic that they'll break down over time, etc. Too many risks involved on saving a few bucks vs. going with a reputed company.

I believe its knock offs from some overseas hack. Its possible the distributor is selling someones products to others unbranded to make money under the table. Who knows but regardless, I still would stick with a reputed brand. Its up to you what you want to do here but I personally wouldn't.

I believe its knock offs from some overseas hack. Its possible the distributor is selling someones products to others unbranded to make money under the table. Who knows but regardless, I still would stick with a reputed brand. Its up to you what you want to do here but I personally wouldn't.
Yeah, your concerns are well noted, but the costs add up real quick.

Hence the search for cheaper alternatives that have been tried and tested.

Found a store in the US that ships to Cyprus with very reasonable shipping costs that sell barrow fittings, though they are stll more expensive and would take up to 3 weeks to get here.

Decisions decisions .........

Thanks for your input

:)

EKWB USA Managing Director said:
I can assure you that we don't sell our fittings to anyone else for OEM. We wanted to release fittings with minimum branding because the community asked, it's a shame this seems to be being taken advantage of now. I will look into this internally and try to get back to everyone. In the meantime, I would encourage users to buy genuine EK products

From the other forum ...

Well it's just a fitting. If it leaks you will know in extensive 24 hour leak testing. Running it for a year and then tearing it down to inspect will tell you more. It depends what you want to spend. Never said WC is cheap, and not able to source/live in the USA is tough. Get a few, try them.

I use Bitspower rotary 90, the smooth ones, not those hard 90 degree ones. Yea they cost, but watercooling is a hobby, not an economics experiment. You wanna WC? You spend what you need to spend.

Well it's just a fitting. If it leaks you will know in extensive 24 hour leak testing. Running it for a year and then tearing it down to inspect will tell you more. It depends what you want to spend. Never said WC is cheap, and not able to source/live in the USA is tough. Get a few, try them.

I use Bitspower rotary 90, the smooth ones, not those hard 90 degree ones. Yea they cost, but watercooling is a hobby, not an economics experiment. You wanna WC? You spend what you need to spend.
Hi, thanks for your comments,

though would have to disagree with something you have said.

No where have I said that 'WC is cheap' as you so put it, yes I have asked if there are cheaper alternatives which does not equate to 'cheap'

I would say I am an average guy, who if can save some money and get a like for like job done would go for it.

Maybe you are in a fortunate position to be financially comfortable, I dont know.

Also have 4 bitpower rotaries in my build (2x90, 2x45) doesnt mean I shouldnt try to save some money.

As you have acknowledged that those outside of the USA have to pay more for certain things would have been nice of you to have shown a little more understanding why some peeps (like myself) are looking for cheaper alternative that are up to the job.

Have been informed by the business that sells the rotary that these will be available after the Chinese New Year, and are as I suspected are an OEM job for them.

Reading in between the lines, it looks that they maybe the same as the EK ones.

I think it fair to say, that the quality of an EK fittings is comparable to a Bitspower fitting.

Anyhow, as you correctly stated onyl through the testing and use of these fittings will one know.

:thup:

I understand your reply. You understand me. We know it ain't cheap, no hobby is really cheap. You buy what you can. I do understand the money issue that in some places parts can get ridiculously expensive.

I'll give you a hug :grouphug:I guess or a knowing head nod. You being an adult you know that doesn't help at all. Sorry. :shrug:

Positivity helps be it an adult of child, heheeee

:D

Nothing to be sorry about we are reading from the same page, just took a little while to get there

:)

My suggestion: Only use those where you don't have main components underneath the fitting.
This lets you save money and test out the generic fittings, but doesn't put your system at risk.

My suggestion: Only use those where you don't have main components underneath the fitting.
This lets you save money and test out the generic fittings, but doesn't put your system at risk.
^ Good compromise.

Save some $$ but also have the peace of mind quality fittings over your GPU won't leak.

Coming from an EK rep, it sounds like they are infact knock off fittings.
You could always just go buy some quality O-Rings and replace them but then that doesn't make sense unless you already have O-Rings on hand....

^ Good compromise.

Save some $$ but also have the peace of mind quality fittings over your GPU won't leak.

You could always just go buy some quality O-Rings and replace them but then that doesn't make sense unless you already have O-Rings on hand....

FWIW, o-rings would be a lot cheaper to buy than the branded fittings.

Almost all o-rings are a standard size that can be bought in bulk.
For example, these two are actually the same product:
http://www.maxkeyboard.com/cherry-mx-switch-keycap-o-rings-dampeners-50a-0.4mm-130-pcs.html
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051XWXCE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

O-Rings are cheap and I like to have some always on hand for when I tear down my system. Even named brand fittings can fail, I had 1 bitspower 90 that was bad, so testing for 24 hours is a definite must.

Good thinking!
^ Good compromise.

Not that I am disagreeing, just the relative cost of the O-Ring vs the actual fitting, would a manufacturer really skimp on the quality of the O-Ring?
FWIW, o-rings would be a lot cheaper to buy than the branded fittings.

Almost all o-rings are a standard size that can be bought in bulk.
For example, these two are actually the same product:
http://www.maxkeyboard.com/cherry-mx-switch-keycap-o-rings-dampeners-50a-0.4mm-130-pcs.html
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051XWXCE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
Are those the actual O-Rings for these (and other G1/4) fittings ?

Good thinking!
Thanks!

Not that I am disagreeing, just the relative cost of the O-Ring vs the actual fitting, would a manufacturer really skimp on the quality of the O-Ring?
Yes, they absolutely would. If you cut $0.05 from each fitting by going to a cheaper o-ring over 10,000 fittings that's $500.
It adds up quickly.

Are those the actual O-Rings for these (and other G1/4) fittings ?
No, they are damper o-rings used for mechanical keyboards. I was just using them as an example.

My responses are in red :)

Back