• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade or Buy a New ONE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXiale

Registered
Hello guys,

What would be wise to do..?

Buy a new system or rebuilt my own?

Purpose: Gaming (BF3/4 MMO(RPG) - i dont game a lot! Photoshop/Video(edit/capture gameplay)

Keep Intel or AMD?? Choose Lower CPU and GET better GPU = advance in the feature, right? AMD? ↓↓

Low-Mid Budget around $600

Looking forward to your answers.
Examples are welcome

You can keep the memories (IIRC Corsair provides lifetime warranty at her memories), PSU and your case and get these:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6TL6P6

Since you're not doing really heavy gaming and you're mostly photoshoping and video rendering, this CPU will be pretty good for you and the r9 290 will be able to take most of the things you play for ~2 years.

I'd get these to go with your current parts:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CHn9RB

If the GPU is too much, the 960 is right around the corner.

I'm with ATM. You can pick up a decent CPU cooler down the line and OC the CPU this way.

If you don't ever want to OC a cheap B85 board and maybe a 4460 CPU would be signnificantly cheaper and you wouldn't really lose any performance stock. Only a bit in very CPU intensive games. Just a hair.
Your RAM, case, PSU, drive... all still good. Just need a new Mobo/Cpu/Gpu and you're flying.

Honestly, your CPU, while a bit of a turtle compared to modern chips, isn't that bad. You could even get away with just picking up a half decent GPU like a used 280X and call it a day. I've seen used 290s even for well under $200. Well under.

I'm with ATM. You can pick up a decent CPU cooler down the line and OC the CPU this way.

If you don't ever want to OC a cheap B85 board and maybe a 4460 CPU would be signnificantly cheaper and you wouldn't really lose any performance stock. Only a bit in very CPU intensive games. Just a hair.
Your RAM, case, PSU, drive... all still good. Just need a new Mobo/Cpu/Gpu and you're flying.

Honestly, your CPU, while a bit of a turtle compared to modern chips, isn't that bad. You could even get away with just picking up a half decent GPU like a used 280X and call it a day. I've seen used 290s even for well under $200. Well under.

He has an H80 already, should be enough for ~4.4GHz.

I'd say he wants to OC since his sig rig is at 4.0GHz.

First of all thanks for the reply.

If i may compare the examples of Itachiii and ATMINSIDE.
By choosing AMD, I will save some money and can buy SSD, that will bring me to the next level and keep me around my budget)) - heh i'm oldy still running things on hdd :clap:
But Itel will be a benefit in the feature due to OC. Speed maters. yeah, in real world no that much difference..

-Updating only GPU is not an option because my MOBO is pretty old, no support v.3 and even sata/600.

I guess i will save some money to get better CPU and GPU so i won't regret it later.
Benefit of it is that i could run it for next 4/5 years and AMD should be replaced sooner (?)

Saving money for parts like those http://pcpartpicker.com/p/K78Fpg would be the best option.
What do you think guys?

Yup that's good. I'd go with an ASRock Extreme 3 instead of that MSI board personally.
If you bought your H80 at the same time as your i7, it's going to be long in the tooth. Those things gunk up and lose efficiency. You might want to consider replacing it within the next year or so.

How does a closed loop with the proper coolant in it gunk up and lose efficiency?

I have been looking at that post asking myself the same thing. Most manufactures make them to run for long periods of time. The pump would crap out before the glycol(Been awhile since I looked it up but believe that is what it was called) they use as the liquid gunks up.

The question was rhetorical really. They don't do that. There may be some one off stories, but it's not remotely a concern with AIOs.

Idk about ASRock boards but my brother and friend of mine got some problems with it.
Extreme3 is not available in my regio.

this is the exact same problem I've had before, I can't choose..
then..
looking for mid-high mobo. eventually i'll be overclocking xD

I've used recent ASRock boards extensively. Even for extreme overclocking.
Not a single issue, they're solid.

You can always add an ssd easily down the line. Not nearly as simple to swap motherboard and cpu.

I've used recent ASRock boards extensively. Even for extreme overclocking.
Not a single issue, they're solid.

Well.. maybe not all of them.. the AM1B-ITX board I have from them is quite the little turd. Constant C state issues.
But their Z97 stuff is solid.

eXiale is the Extreme 4 available to you? If not, what about the ASUS Z97-A?

Exteme 4 is available, easy to get

I've checked the spec and reviews. Seems to be nice low budget board.

Back