• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading From An i7-860

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My experience with Gigabyte is they make excellent hardware but their bioses are often buggy and half-baked. I am sure there will be those who disagree but that is my experience.

Order placed and fingers crossed:)

After watching a video on overclocking the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, the BIOS looks just fine. There really wans't anything in there that seamed overly confusing to me at all. I decided to go with the Master rather than the Ultra just for grins I suppose.

The only other thing I am adding is an non-built in audio card (Sound Blaster Z) as I have never been a big fan of onboard audio.

Last edited:
WAIT WAIT WAIT theres going to be a 10% off ebay coupon up to $100 this sunday.

PRESENTSGALORE

Order placed and fingers crossed:)

After watching a video on overclocking the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, the BIOS looks just fine. There really wan't anything in there that seamed overly confusing to me at all. I decided to go with the Master rather than the Ultra just for grins I suppose.

The only other thing I am adding is an non-built in audio card (Sound Blaster Z) as I have never been a big fan of onboard audio.
I'm reviewing that board now... it has been solid so far.

As far as knbord audio.... try this first. They've come along way since your hardware. Read up on its specs... it's own opamp... etc. ;)

Last edited:
Still time to try it... return if it isn't needed. :)

I ordered the sound card from Amazon so there should be no issues returning the sound card if the onboard audio works well enough..

Btw, I was able to recover my original account with the help of the moderators so i'm back so to speak.. lol:D

Cheers! Sawacs aka Majek

Last edited:
Back