• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB controller x 1 +1 x PCI device not installing (have tried mobo drivers)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Also have 1 USB device +1 x PCI dev not installed after hardware upgrade have tried to do online driver search but have had no luck getting these going.

Further info in pics

PqTS4xu.png
jW7A7go.png
VnNRwtP.png
CpgNOZu.png

Any advice or help would be great.

Cheers,

Bandit.

Last edited:
Updated OP realized monitor is max 1080p. Keyboard and Mouse via USB now working.

Just the driver issues with the two devices I can't manage to resolve now.

For the USB one, did you install any USB drivers found at the motherboard's webpage? That is where I would start.

For the other, are you having issues? Is there a device wonky in device manager?

Yeah tried for both and got nothing. Can work out where to get drivers for these have update sig specs.

Have noticed two of the USB ports on the front of my case are no longer working (since hardware change) ports on the case are USB 2.

Last edited:
Is the motherboard you are having these problems with the one in your Sig?

What component or components did the hardware upgrade involve? If the motherboard changed did you do a clean install of Windows after the upgrade?

Motherboard/CPU/Ram in sig.

No clean install, was a HDD swap, used paragon to get the machine bootable. Once I did that removed every driver not in use from device manager rebooted then installed all the B450 stuff. Now just sitting on those two devices but none of the drivers that came with the B450 are compat. Tried to driver search aswell online but no luck.

I see mixed memory? Kingston and ????? Likely nkt the issue but never heard of that name.

Anyway... fresh install time. Lol. Try a repair and see if that helps first?

Motherboard/CPU/Ram in sig.

No clean install, was a HDD swap, used paragon to get the machine bootable. Once I did that removed every driver not in use from device manager rebooted then installed all the B450 stuff. Now just sitting on those two devices but none of the drivers that came with the B450 are compat. Tried to driver search aswell online but no luck.

That's not a clean install of Windows. A clean install would be wiping the drive partitions and installing from scratch. If I were you, I would take another drive and do a true clean install to see if the USB ports now work. The way you did it there could still be some kind of resource conflict.

Is there a way to know what the device is ?

I can track down the driver if I know what it is I am looking for. I have in the past been able to work out what it is with the hardware id but in this case can't work out what either are for.

Not sure if something to do with the 3200G onboard GPU as I have only been booting from GPU ever since successful boot of OS/machine.

Googling 10DE are something to do with Nvidia, wonder if its something old I removed when clearing old drivers out, still doesn't explain my front USB ports on my case not working. USB 2.0 ones x 2 don't work but the 3.0 one works fine.

Whats an nkt issue?

Last edited:
USB 2.0 ones x 2
do those front ports have a header from the front panel you didn't plug in?

Whats an nkt issue?
A simple typo. Nkt = not.

I asked earlier, is device manager showing anything?

I still say clean install...make sure your motherboard is using the latest bios, etc. The basics. :)

Time-Bandit, I had a very similar experience with a customer's computer in the past year. She had programs on the old machine she didn't any longer have installation media or download keys for and didn't want to lose them. So I built her a new box, also Intel but the components were like 12 years newer. I just used the existing drive from the old machine since it was a fairly new SSD. Booted into Windows fine, installed new drivers and I thought everything was good to go. But over the next week or so the system began to unravel and the USB ports became dysfunctional. Had to wind up doing a clean install after all in order to fix the issues.

do those front ports have a header from the front panel you didn't plug in?

A simple typo. Nkt = not.

I asked earlier, is device manager showing anything?

I still say clean install...make sure your motherboard is using the latest bios, etc. The basics. :)

Here I am searching google for what an nkt error is lol.

Device manager is just showing the two devices as shown in the images above, I might try and see if I am able to make a bootable USB with windows on it to see if it picks up everything since I have no hard drives to spare.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Time-Bandit, I had a very similar experience with a customer's computer in the past year. She had programs on the old machine she didn't any longer have installation media or download keys for and didn't want to lose them. So I built her a new box, also Intel but the components were like 12 years newer. I just used the existing drive from the old machine since it was a fairly new SSD. Booted into Windows fine, installed new drivers and I thought everything was good to go. But over the next week or so the system began to unravel and the USB ports became dysfunctional. Had to wind up doing a clean install after all in order to fix the issues.

As a precaution I am keeping a backup that I made using Acronis just incase this doesn't work out. So far the system seems to be working ok. I did use the CTRL+F function to search software on one of my drives and it turned it into a .TMP file which I figured might have been data corruption are you able to confirm?

I tested the above again with other files on my various drives but seems to have been a one off instance just wanting to make sure. Have fun SFC /scannow aswell and everything checks out fine.

Windows repair just killed my BCD. Restoring currently.

I know when I was using Acronis to do the universal restore it was asking for some device drivers which I didn't have and I could ignore these to complete the restore progresssion.

My problem is with the information in the screenshots provided I can't work out exactly what the drivers are that I need.

Tried to boot an OS from USB which didn't work even after turning off secure boot.

I tried to use google to find what these could be for but can't match them to anything.

Try a Ubuntu live bootable media to see if those ports don't come back to life. If they do, then that would point away from a hardware problem and point to some kind of issue in windows. Pick up a another hard drive for testing clean installs. Even a small SSD for $30 would work for that.

Back