• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED V8 vs Hyper 212 Evo vs TPC 812

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont understand the waste of time answer. If the cost is the same with the same performance, how can it be a waste of time...as opposed to a matter of preference?

Dont get me wrong I am not leaning one way or the other at the moment. I just dont get the "its about the same performance as good air at the same price but its a waste of time"

becasue the liquied in the aio will evaporate in about 3-5 years. it takes 50-60 years for copper to biodegared. also because the aios are not as reliable as air.

Edit: I forget to add 42 to my answer.

The all in ones are sealed. water can't evaporate and escape. The large majority of the AIO failures I've seen is a DOA pump.

well I wasnt trying yet. In fact.. I believe my mobo may be locked at 42 multi. I am not knowledgeable enough to get around that yet. So I am still exploring options. I just know that I cant run next to anything intense without hitting 90+ and it scares the hell out of me.

212+ is good for 4.2GHz. TPC 812 should get to you 4.5GHz. To go above that, you'd want to go with something beefier, like a NH-D14 or H80i.

I guess I should update my bios and see if it extends my multi then eh?

Those z68 boards have issues with multipliers locked like that...good luck, let's hope that fixes it.
I'd go for a decent air cooler, the TPC was cheap if you can still get it.

P68. not a Z68. TPC no longer available.... well.. at least not for like 3 weeks

p67, yeah you got the point, older than z77 1155 chipsets :p
Same thing, multi issues above stock turbo or a bit more.
Good luck with the bios thing, if not a mobo upgrade is in order, and for the cooler, nothing beats a delidded Ivy chip. Can be cooled with almost anything and gets to 4.5ghz just fine.
IF you rather not delid, then by all means get an hr-02 macho or just use the v8.

pft , yeah i mean P67. derpy derp. Anyways whats the draw back of changing BCLK to 107 and keeping the 42 multi and still hitting 4.5

There isn't a drawback if it works. It's just that BLCK is tied to so many things (you're changing your RAM speed, your PCIe bus speed, and others) that it gets unstable FAST. 107 BLCK is pretty high from what I've seen.

Temps_zpsb5724dcc.jpg

pretty much me playing around with things. Prime95 blend for 2 hours. crappy 4.0 OC. Doing this through AISuite2 atm just to test some things. Wont even apply the 42 multi for me though and locks me in at 40. Still at stock voltages. I didnt apply the 1.2v. Well i di, i just reverted it to see how long i would run at stock vcore.

Last edited:
Back