• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wacky printing issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

10XTriplet

Disabled
I can no longer print to my HP P1102w printer(s) from 1 computer, plus I can no longer access it via the browser from this same computer, however I can ping it, and I can print to other printers (non HP printers) from this computer.
I can access the web fine, browse network shares no problem...

I can access it from another PC without an issue, access it from the web, print and ping as well..

I've scanned system with Malwarebytes and combofix which came up clean.

I've added it to the hosts file, forcing it to "see it" without success...

What do you think could be the issue?

Clear the print jobs and restart the print spooler.
Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > Services > Scroll down .. look for > Print Spooler > Click on Restart the Service

OR

Start > search / type > "cmd" > Click on "Cmd.exe"
Type net stop spooler then press the Enter key

If it still won't work bypass the print spooler
Control Panel > icon view > Printers > Right-Click your Printer > Properties >
Advanced > SELECT "Print Directly to the Printer"

Hp drivers most likely :)

Clear the print jobs and restart the print spooler.
Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > Services > Scroll down .. look for > Print Spooler > Click on Restart the Service

OR

Start > search / type > "cmd" > Click on "Cmd.exe"
Type net stop spooler then press the Enter key

If it still won't work bypass the print spooler
Control Panel > icon view > Printers > Right-Click your Printer > Properties >
Advanced > SELECT "Print Directly to the Printer"

Hp drivers most likely :)

Explain why I can't access it via the web browser either?

Funny. You just don't know. That's ok. I fixed it.

I did stop the services, and restarted them, but that did not fix it..

I stopped them again, Looked in the spool folder and tried to delete everything inside of it. Which failed. I then took the drive out and stuck it in another PC to delete them, which failed again.

Put the drive back into the PC, I then booted with Hirens Boot (DVD version) (USB) and was able to delete all of the files successfully.

Rebooted, The IP that was associated with my PC was wacky. I used a different one, and all was fixed..

If I did not post here, I would never have tried to do that, so for that. Thank you.

Pleased you got it going again. My Hp just threw up an error code one day and Hp wouldn't tell anyone what it was :sly:

Back