• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What fan to choose (Have to replace them all :( )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DestroyFX

Registered
Hi, I did build a Ryzen system in Mars and after weeks passed, I did make a custom loop and put the system in a nice case Corsair 750D.

The problem I have is ALL the fan:

Radiators fans : 4x 120mm CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro Air Pressure, about 5 months old.
Problem 1 : Rattling noise, annoying, depend of the fan RPM. After time a was able to set it to a less annoying RPM. (they seam to all have that issue)
Problem 2 : The two fan on top of the case (on the 240mm rad) are configured for pull between the case frame and the radiator. It's no more of a "problem" as they never go to 100% anymore but when they do (if a change the fan parameters or if the CPU reach 80ºC [should be never]), then they seam to move down slightly more out of there normal position and the hit metal and make really loud clac clac clac. The two other fan (on two other 120mm rad) don't seam to have that issue yet.

Case fans : 3 x 140mm than came with the Corsair 750D, about 4 months old and of Corsair brand.
Problem : It's been like 4 month and one already began to fail (normal bearing wrowrowrowrowrowro sound).

So, I think I will change all the fan, My plan by making an abusive custom loop was to not hear my computer and to maintain more that 4Ghz of CPU OC + some GPU OC... But the Question is, What fan to choose now that they are making a fail party? My initial plan was to put all Corsair ML. But after getting one of my 3 corsair to also fail, I'm not sure if I want that.

Any recommendation for good fans?
Air flow for Case and Air Pressure for the rads.

Hi, I did build a Ryzen system in Mars and after weeks passed, I did make a custom loop and put the system in a nice case Corsair 750D.

The problem I have is ALL the fan:

Radiators fans : 4x 120mm CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro Air Pressure, about 5 months old.
Problem 1 : Rattling noise, annoying, depend of the fan RPM. After time a was able to set it to a less annoying RPM. (they seam to all have that issue)
Problem 2 : The two fan on top of the case (on the 240mm rad) are configured for pull between the case frame and the radiator. It's no more of a "problem" as they never go to 100% anymore but when they do (if a change the fan parameters or if the CPU reach 80ºC [should be never]), then they seam to move down slightly more out of there normal position and the hit metal and make really loud clac clac clac. The two other fan (on two other 120mm rad) don't seam to have that issue yet.

Case fans : 3 x 140mm than came with the Corsair 750D, about 4 months old and of Corsair brand.
Problem : It's been like 4 month and one already began to fail (normal bearing wrowrowrowrowrowro sound).

So, I think I will change all the fan, My plan by making an abusive custom loop was to not hear my computer and to maintain more that 4Ghz of CPU OC + some GPU OC... But the Question is, What fan to choose now that they are making a fail party? My initial plan was to put all Corsair ML. But after getting one of my 3 corsair to also fail, I'm not sure if I want that.

Any recommendation for good fans?
Air flow for Case and Air Pressure for the rads.

I have 2 e-Loops on my 240 rad, as u can see at my sig below. They are pretty quite and I have them running constantly at about 1100-1200 RPM. So you can throw those on the rads and maybe go for Coolermaster Silencio for your case. I got a bunch of corsair fans sitting and about the same amount that I have used on PCs here and there and I never had a problem with them. U might have just got fans from a bad batch. :shrug:

MagLev fans are very quiet but they are also a bit pricey, around $20-30/each depending on the manufacturer.

I might try these. I did look at the brown fans too but they are like 60-80$ each (price of computer hardware in Mexico is really random).
Corsair ML are about 28$ each. Better than 80$ when you have to replace 7. I just hope that I got a bad batch and that the new one will last.

I have a couple Noctura case fans. They are quiet, but they don't have enough static pressure to make a good radiator fan (in my opinion). I'm currently using 3 Gentle Typhoon 1450 RPM fans on my rads and think these are perfect. They cool better than anything else I've used and I swear they're quieter than my Noctura fans even though the specs claim the Noctura has a lower db rating. The Gentle Typhoon uses double ball berings for extra long life and to ensure they stay quiet. Yes, they are pricey at about $20 a pop, but well worth it.

According to the manufacturer:

The Gentle Typhoon 120 mm fan series produce especially high static pressure combined with optimized fan blade design. They are fitted with double ball bearing and boast a life span of up to 100,000 hours at 35°C. To further reduce noise, a newly developed motor with drive train, disposing a special double vibration reduction structure, is deployed. Added dampening rings further reduce vibrations effectively.

High Performance
The Gentle Typhoon achieves high airflow volume and low noise with the newly designed impeller, enabling silent cooling of the latest devices which run very hot.

Silent Operation
The Gentle Typhoon has a different type of tone. The fan propeller is designed to reduce the disturbing frequency fan noise to human ears.

Innovative Technology
The newly designed motor and motor support mechanism of the Gentle Typhoon uses a double vibration reduction structure. The new support mechanism uses coil dampers to greatly reduce vibration.

I might add one more thing. You didn't mention what radiator(s) you have, that makes a big difference. My XSPC rads actually do well with lower RPM fans like 1300 to 1500 range. Some rads have tighter spacing of the fins and need more CFM to work well.

I do have

1 x 240mm "Tree Systems" Phoenix Serie (20 fpi)
2 x 120mm EK Coolstream SE

I'm not familiar with those brands, but I found this out about the 240mm rad.

The PHOENIXTM*SERIES*of copper radiators*has an improved design for performance with a thin body (28 mm) yet a large surface area for cooling through densely-spaced fins.

It's a thin radiator, but has dense fins. You need more RPM than I do. No worries, there is a Gentle Typhoon fan well suited for this rad. (Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B5AP 120mm 1850 rpm Silent Case Fan).

The two EK Coolstream SE are also slim line and have dense fins. So, looks like you can use the same fan on all your rads.

Last edited:
Gentle Typhoons are the best rad fans, but good luck finding new ones.

Newegg and Amazon and the Cooler Guys all stock them. I found the fans in stock in the first 3 out of 4 places I checked. They seem fairly available to me.

The Gentle Typhoons are only available locally at like 55$.

The only amazon one I was able to find that ship here and cost 22$ are that model D1225C12B5AP, 1850 RPM.
I will do more research to see if I can find them.. Coolerguys don't ship to Mexico.

The only amazon one I was able to find that ship here and cost 22$ are that model D1225C12B5AP, 1850 RPM.

I didn't realize you were in Mexico. That fan model number (D1225C12B5AP) is the one I suggested. Is the shipping from Amazon too expensive?

I've never used them, but I've heard Corsair has a model that works well as a rad fan. Maybe check past forum post about them.

Back