• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED What fans for Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Removing the HDD cage would greatly improve your cooling... at least it has in every case I know of.

Air is a ficlked witch. She sometimes does thing that define logic and common sense.. like a case with 2x from 140mm intakes, 1x 140mm bottom intake, and only 1x 140mm rear top exhaust sucking air in the open PCI slots. How could that be??? But it does it.

Really, you don't need to spend £4 for fan clips. Zip-ties do a very nice job. Just clip off what isn't used. If they were black you wouldn't even notice them.
n5541450910114973344511.jpg

http://www.overclock.net/t/753254/ziptie-screw

Last edited:
I have a drill and a few bits lying around. I'm sure I can remove it without much hassle.
I think it's a bit of metal to fasten it in, I'm not sure... Either way, it's goin down -_- lol

Hahaha, brilliant.

Right, I didn't remove the PCI slot covers. They have grate holes in them, I held a piece of thread up to it, and there was a very very slight pull inwards. But barely enough to move a piece of thread.

Right, I'm going to place this order. Unfortunately, everything but the HR-02 is Pre Order right now. I'll have the HR-02 within a few days I would think, but I need to wait for everything else... Great lol.

EDIT: Think I'll just wait to order it all actually. I just registered with their forum and if I wait 14 days, then I'll get free postage, and since 4 out of 5 things are Pre Order right now, may as well just wait.

Thank you so much for all your help. I've learnt a great deal and I'm very grateful :)

Last edited:
No need to wait. Just make sure you know where the holes in bottom of cooler are to put the clips in with cooler in place... Mount the one fan on the side that would be hardest to put the clips on with cooler in place. Make sure you have that extra long screw driver or 5.5mm socket driver. And really £££ for those fan clips is crazy.

Back