• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What motherboard do YOU use, and why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not saying its not good... Heard nothing but great things about the OC formula.

ASUS all the way, especially R O G motherboard, they're the top of the line mobo that you can buy and when other people look at your rig they see that you have an R O G mobo, they think that your rig is awesome, R O G mobo add the cool factor to any rig, no offend to MSI and Gigabyte, they make good mobo too, but ASUS R O G mobo is just better :)

Had Asus for YEARS, all kind of model you could imagine from a simple 775 to a badass rampage IV extreme.

I currently use a EVGA X79 FTW, paid 185$ for the board since they have minor issue. My board work great, only "commun" issue i have is 1 USB port sometime drop for no reason. HTPC have an Asus P8Z77-m Pro.

Ill go back to Asus on newer haswell or ivy-B for the mainrig.

Had Asus for YEARS, all kind of model you could imagine from a simple 775 to a badass rampage IV extreme.

I currently use a EVGA X79 FTW, paid 185$ for the board since they have minor issue. My board work great, only "commun" issue i have is 1 USB port sometime drop for no reason. HTPC have an Asus P8Z77-m Pro.

Ill go back to Asus on newer haswell or ivy-B for the mainrig.

Why do you switch from the top of the line ASUS RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME to the mid range EVGA board?

I wouldnt call the EVGA FTW a midlevel board... its not up there in the class by itself RIVE or anything but hell.. midrange? Negative! :)

I currently use a RIVE. I love the X79 platform. Unfortunately I don't use half the features of this board, but I like to know I can... :)
I would love to do an SR-2/Xeon build and SLI 690s. Would make a great F@H rig...

SR-2, because its like a hybrid server, yet you can sli 4 graphics cards, overclock both processors... its just the beez kneez.

I currently run an MSI Mpower Big Bang Z77. I picked it out because of Earthdog's Review of it, and because it was on sale. It was also highly recommended buy Earthdog for my needs. I like it a lot because in all honesty it has a lot of great features. The only downfall on my board, or i think on the boards in general (i don't have direct proof) that you can't overclock them, for me i have to go into the OC Genie Settings and change the settings, from there i have to pop the front panel off to reach in and press the button, than reboot. Which i think is very frustrating. If someone knows some way to fix this, shoot me a PM and please help me out with this <3 Otherwise it's a phenominal board for the cheap price, i would definitely buy it again.

That board is MADE for overclocking man...what are you talking about buttons and jumping through hoops? Go into bios raise multi, raise vcore... Go!

A good habit is to do multi first, but either one is fine. The changes wont apply until you "save and exit" BIOS...

Back