• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What motherboard do YOU use, and why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well Foxconn is who manufacturers the PCIe slots dimm slots the pcbs almost.the whole thing. Its like PSU companies using OEM Seasonics.

I got an ASUS P9X79 WS for my new (and, so far, only) build with an i7-3930 CPU (the CPU is probably overkill). Besides receiving decent reviews, I went with this board because I needed more PCI-e lanes than the Z77 boards had. Right now I'm using 25 lanes: 16x for the GPU, 8x for the HBA card (LSI 9211-8i), and 1X for the card reader combo (card reader plus three front panel USB 3.0 ports). I'm eventually going to add one or two TV tuners (I've been adding goodies one at a time to make any possible troubleshooting easier). A sound card or a USB 3.0 card are remote possibilities in the future.

I had an ASUS mobo whose internet chip fried, had to RMA it. Then when I went intel I got an openbox gigabyte for a discount, history unknown. I guess its not even covered...eeeeekkkk

Back