• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perohijo

Hello guys.
I have been away for quite some time do to work and I still have my old PC. I want top update it but I do not want to replace my CPU (Core i7-990X 6-Core 3.47GHz CPU socket LGA 1366/Socket B) since I think it still pretty good, so I'm trying to find out which motherboard should I get (if I can still find them!). The main reason I want to replace the motherboard is because mine does not support USB 3.0. and I'm into simulation which requires USB 3.0 which my current motherboard does not support (P6T Asus). I thought about two options: ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, LGA1366 Socket, Asus P6X58D-E or the Premium version. I know if I end up replacing the motherboard for a new one that does not support my processor, I will end up spending lots of money. I'm pretty sure I can get by with the rest of my components for a good while since I have plenty of power and memory and I would just get some SSD drives. I'm running Windows 10 pro. Any thoughts will be appreciated. :confused:

Back