• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Mouse do you use for Gaming Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What mouse do you use for gaming

• Logitech MX500 or MX510

Votes: 235 32.2%
  • Microsoft Optical tilting mouse

Votes: 69 9.5%
  • Wireless Logitech MX1000 or MX700

Votes: 186 25.5%
  • Wireless Microsoft Optical mouse

Votes: 46 6.3%
  • Razor Boomslang

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Razor Viper

Votes: 37 5.1%
  • Logitech Rollerball

• Microsoft Rollerball

• Plain Jane No Name Optical mouse (Corded or Wireless)

Votes: 90 12.3%
  • Plane Jane No Name Standard BALL Mouse.

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Trackball of somesort.

Votes: 26 3.6%

• Total voters
I voted back in 2004, and i'm still useing an MX510. Still the best mouse i've come accross. One of them died and the other one is on the fritz, but i blame it on use, not the mfg.

Edit: muhaha....fixed the one i thought was dead. Both are working good now.

How is the copperhead?

Last edited:
I picked up my G5 Laser about week ago after reading this poll and other reviews/posts and can tell you its one hell of a mouse to game with..

Thanks guys for the help and you didnt even know it :)

I'm in love with my MX510.
Haha, I would have gotten the wireless one but I have this strange paranoia that it might not work for a second while I'm ingame and then I'll get pwned.

I use a generic three button optical mouse with scroll wheel.

Best mouse I have ever used. Great bang for the buck.

Mouse cost is probably around $2.50.

As long as it's light-weight, optical, and wireless, I'm happy. Alot of expensive gaming mice I've tried are too heavy and I can't snipe good at all with them. Right now I'm using some wireless optical Logitech mouse that costed $30 and I can snipe pretty good with it on BF2 :)

orionlion82 said:
Logitech optical mouse USB cut(dissasembled) in half horizontally with the PCB exposed,(talk about lightweight!) thats good for moving the cursor, and left, and center click, but its got no wheel anymore, and right click is broke, so for that(right click) i use a dell (Msft) intellimouse PS2 - that one is only good for right click though. i have them side by side, and they work allright for all but the fastest paced games. obviously, i have more spare parts than money.

Pic please....... :D

I voted a while back when I had a POS no-name optical mouse. Now I have the wonderful G5 that I modded to my liking. Link in sig...

I use a Logitech MX500 on my "school" rig (that just means I can only bring one computer to school with me and this is the one) and then I have a Limited Edition Razor Diamondback.

IMHO: The Logitech is much more versatile, but the Razor shines while gaming.

THIS POLL needs UPDATING BADLY>>>

Razer Diamondback pwns... also I have used a G5 as well and it also pwns... just personal preference wether u like the lower profile (razer) or the bigger thicker heavier (customizable weights) type of the G5

I prefer my diamondback on the razer exactmat..FTW baby!

Had to put my Microsoft Wireless Optical altho if the poll was what *would* you use as your gaming mouse i'd have to say a Razer of sorts. Will be on my list of upgrades when i move to a pc instead of my laptop.

thats funny because i just got my mx1000 mouse and mx 5000 keyboard today..... creepy , but i love them both, esp the lcd screen, anybody know a good way to mod the display for it? to display like system temps or whatever?

Back