• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That board looks awesome, I can't wait to see if/when the MVE shows up.

THIS!!! ^^^

No more moving my mouse around the table like a caveman...

View attachment 107945

See Below....

That's so 90s... :D Hey; enjoy playing with the mouse's ball(s). ;)

This!!! ^^^

LOL... My Grandfather uses a trackball mouse. I have to keep a cheapy regular mouse at his house for when I repair his PC. Just can't get used to the ball.

To each their own though!

Yeah, a Trackball lets you stay in one place and there is no need to move your arm to move the cursor, however it's not for gaming :thup:

Today I got MVG ... looks like this:

mvg1.jpg

box is quite small ...

mvg2.jpg

and why I'm talking about box and package overall ... because ASUS failed again ... it's my 3rd ROG board and 3rd damaged because of bad box design or generally package quality:

mvg4.jpg

Box isn't damaged, it looks more like someone didn't take enough care while putting board inside the box. I just have hope that everything will work without problems as I'm not planning to make RMA for something like this...

The ROG box design is terrible IMO. I hate it. When gigabyte copied it for the G1 series I said "nooooo!" and promptly saw shipping damage.
Cute board though, I want one.

Gotta say I wish people would build MOSFET heatsinks that were built for heat dissipation rather than looks.

I'm liking the trackball so far. Goes well with the benching station - I'm not always trying to find room to move the mouse, and its not always getting dog hair and dirt in it.

@Woomack: That just sucks! It's minor and doesn't really matter, but how aggravating to get something new and broken. Not worth RMA'ing though, I agree.

@Bobnova: Wasn't that long ago we used to see more bare copper sinks on boards. Color schemes usually sucked harder then too, but the cooling was probably as good or better.

The ROG box design is terrible IMO. I hate it. When gigabyte copied it for the G1 series I said "nooooo!" and promptly saw shipping damage.
Cute board though, I want one.

Gotta say I wish people would build MOSFET heatsinks that were built for heat dissipation rather than looks.

^This.

i like.

Also, you might want to support the dewar better. It looks like it would tip forward if you had to stop fast.

Also, you might want to support the dewar better. It looks like it would tip forward if you had to stop fast.

Ya, it made me pretty nervous at first. I'm still not speeding with it, and probably ticking some people off behind me... Since I can't get the dewar off there, its gone about 100 miles like that so far (driving home from airgas, and driving to meet my parents for dinner). The angle of that picture actually makes it look more top heavy than it is, it has a pretty heavy base to start, and its probably about 400LBs full (I can't imagine it going airborne easily). If its risky in any way tho, it has a slight rock left to right if I hit a pothole on an exit ramp - but I take those pretty slow too. Those ratchet straps are tightened down for all they are worth, and there is definitely no front to back movement. I don't have any other connections to hook to in the truck though, so a couple hooks on the storage box are all I have to connect to...

Plates are awesome!

Re: straps - If they're long enough, wrap them around it once and then tighten them as they are now. Should help keep any lateral movement to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back