• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should, but I don't have a lot of time and I don't like writing reviews... It's been a couple days and I haven't stopped to plug it in yet. They sent it just for benchmarking use, so there are no strings attached requiring a review exactly.

So thats a maybe in the review column I guess.

Got a few things over the last few days, Got some ripjawX's rated at 1866 8-9-8- 27, which do 2200 @ 7-9-7-21 :D, Another delta to add to my collection of large fans, Its PWM even.

delta_ram.jpg

Also got two evbots from a team member for some good old fashion zombie fun :D. Aswell as another volt meter with tilting screen, so I dont have to move the probes while working with volt modded cards on the bench.

Evbots_meter.jpg

Also got a bunch of liquid electrical tape for water proofing :D

Scoring 133 on general usage every time. Sometimes 132. Same scores I got on the revo X2 100GB...

Unbelievable. I PM'd Sweet over at HWBot. He used this exact same model Revo, and he did 906MB/s in General usage on it, which I talked to him about previously in PM. He was on an 8150, and it was also on the Crosshair V Formula I'm testing on currently.

Will screen and post the other storage benches momentarily.

Here's all the Revo 3 X2 480GB results:

revo-asssd.png

revo-asssd-compression.png

revo-atto.png

revo-atto-qd10.png

revo-crystaldiskmark.png

In PCM05, it scores 133 in general usage, and ~290 in virus scan. I know it can do better in PCM05, however I don't know how to do it... I tried enabling/disabling caching in device manager on the drive, as well as different sizes of partitions and so forth. These things made no difference. I will keep looking into how the extremely high general usage scores were achieved, however I believe I won't be able to improve its scores at all - that was the case with the Revo X2 100GB I had originally.

You can compare the benchmark results above with those of Bobnova on the Revo 3 X2 240GB:

http://www.funkykit.com/about-us/8962-review-ocz-revodrive-3-x2-240gb-pcie-ssd.html?start=4
http://www.funkykit.com/about-us/8962-review-ocz-revodrive-3-x2-240gb-pcie-ssd.html?start=5

That sucks, there must be some driver/setting/something that he used. Do you still have the other Revo?

I do still have the other Revo, however it was sent back from cw823 and is dead it seems. Tried it in the same slot as the new revo, and it doesn't load its own bios. Going to test it in another mobo before calling it completely dead, but its definitely got something wrong with it. Probably heading to RMA.

A new toy and a half...

Here's my new toy(s):

Just completed my liquid cooling build... short of a few fans coming tomorrow from fedex:

Attachments

• CIMG0192.JPG
    CIMG0192.JPG
    851.1 KB · Views: 97
No pics, its going back to the store... 5.75GHz 2600K is dead. Glad I got a deal on it, but thats $330 literally up in smoke, and a hit on my Ivy Bridge budget.

The board did its job however - it has onboard diagnostic codes, and I got no post, with a 00 code. (per manual, 00 is not used)

Bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back