• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stack of PSUs for review for FK showed up today...

Thermaltake all of them.

One "Smart" 430w 80+.
One "Smart" 730w 80+.
One Toughpower XP 1275w 80+ Platinum. :drool:

Guess which one is going to be hardest for to bear to part with?

Stack of PSUs for review for FK showed up today...

Thermaltake all of them.

One "Smart" 430w 80+.
One "Smart" 730w 80+.
One Toughpower XP 1275w 80+ Platinum. :drool:

Guess which one is going to be hardest for to bear to part with?

The 430W unit? :chair:

Can you post review of the toughpower first? :) Are these on the market? If they have as stable of voltage as the seasonic platinum I will be very interested.

Ya PSU tester is going to need some beef, not sure exactly what I'm going to do about that actually. My water cooling setup doesn't have room for another 4 banger cylinder head.
Might be bandsaw time :rock:

Got a new doorknob/deadbolt combo:
doorknob.jpg

Why?

Simple, because my @(#&%* doorknob failed.

Better yet, it failed with the door closed.

Better still, it failed in a jammed-shut sort of way.

Best of all, you cannot replace a doorknob latch mechanism with the door closed.

Exciting, eh?

So after climbing in the window (door failed with me outside...) I headed out the back door and trudged through the field to my car, bought a new doorknob, came back and had a word or two with the door:

door.jpg

Take that, doorknob.

I won.

Worst part is, the doorknob wasn't even overclocked.

In a somewhat less exciting (but more positive) note, I got this today too:

TT-PSUs.jpg

if you can pull the knob off you can usually break the bolt loose with a screw driver and a hammer :D I have had this happen before.

That or you do what my friend did, and tie a rope to the doorknob and other end to your truck and drive off at 90mph

Thank you Santa! Must learn more about this benching stuff. Does it build muscle? Hi, Bob. :thup:

IMG_0521.jpg

I'm really digging those quad socket setups you guys got going in the folding section.

Has no one run wprime on one of them yet?

Thank you Santa! Must learn more about this benching stuff. Does it build muscle? Hi, Bob. :thup:

IMG_0521.jpg

Hey Macaholic!

If you can get a windows on that thing that recognizes that many CPUs, you have some serious WPrime points in your future! The rankings are broken down by the number of cores, and the stuff with >12 cores is mighty unpopulated, so a decent run makes a ton of points :rock:

Fair warning: Benching is addictive.

Well here is a couple pics of the GTX460, power supply I just received, and the bench I threw together last weekend.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thank you very much for the awesome stuff MIA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back