• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the best 20.1/22 inch LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmmm....theres a dell shop next to best buy. Hopefully they are both up for display for me to compare.

--pak

Gautam said:
The Dell 2007WFP...probably the only one that's remotely reasonably priced.

As for the response time ratings, its really just a marketing ploy.

If you see a Dell in person, none of the TN's can compare. As I said before, TN's are extremely popular, and I myself have two. It's hard to be disappointed in them, but anyone saying they're as good as it gets hasn't seen the best. :p

ugg thats not what i wanted to hear... the 2007WFP has less contrast but you say its better... UGG whats the max horizontal refreshrate on the thing?

Dells, got refurbed 2007's for 289. Looks like a good deal. Has anyone purchased dell refurbs before?

--pak

nd4spdbh2 said:
ugg thats not what i wanted to hear... the 2007WFP has less contrast but you say its better... UGG whats the max horizontal refreshrate on the thing?
Honestly, I don't pay attention to any of those ratings. 95% of them are lies in one way or another IMHO.

Better to trust your eyes. ;)
As for refresh rate...technically LCD's don't even have one IIRC.

About the refurbs, they have a year 3 warranty just like all the rest, so I think you should be safe.

Last edited:
2007WFP 20.1' by far...if you never seen an S-IPS panel in action go see it now!!! the difference is night and day vs the other panel types. Don't fall for those gimmicks ooOoOoOoo high contrast + low MS = best screen...no don't be fooled... it all comes down to the panel type if you want the best IQ

S-IPS > TN, MVA, P-MVA, PVA, S-PVA

heres a list of other S-IPS panels
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1024&message=19843627
(CTRL+F to find em)

heres an example (both is the same screen/model/settings/comp, but the manufacture started churning out cheap *** P-MVA panels to lower cost instead of using the superior S-IPS panel)
032007wfpx2tb7.jpg

S-IPS Panel (on the left)

P-MVA Panel (on the right)

Last edited:
Well im sold.... S-IPS is the way to go... there goes all my mointor choices... and its lookin like the dell 2007WFP... i only wish they made the 2007WFPin a 22 inch flavor... they have the E228 but its not S-IPS

mista said:
S-IPS < TN, MVA, P-MVA, PVA, S-PVA

i think you ment

greater than not less.. correct?

nd4spdbh2 said:
Well im sold.... S-IPS is the way to go... there goes all my mointor choices... and its lookin like the dell 2007WFP... i only wish they made the 2007WFPin a 22 inch flavor... they have the E228 but its not S-IPS

i think you ment

greater than not less.. correct?

yea ur right lol im not good in math get s-ips !!

i just got the samsung 22" 226BW for my birthday today i will set it up tonight and let you know how it is. got it at circuitcity for 299 with 30 mailnrebate :) so it was a good deal i think.

Last edited:
mista ting is right but may overstate his case a little bit :p IPS is 'the best', S-PVA and MVA are very good but have some inherent shortcomings which bother some people and don't bother others. TN is in another. larger step down though. But then it does come down to price:size:uses and since eyesight and pickiness varies so much some people may be perfectly happy with non-IPS screens.

i love it so far, so much better than my 19" some pics, cant wait to play css on it sorry for bad pics my camera has so many features i still dont know how to use it

img1702xx7.jpg

img1703kf9.jpg

ya the 226bw is a SWEET monitor... but if ima gonna buy a lcd and get rid of my beloved CRT, its gonna have to be amazing! lol btw i just got a new camera an sd1000 and i was amazed at the features and quality... what do you think this is a pic of? :)

small.jpg

nd4spdbh2 said:
ya the 226bw is a SWEET monitor... but if ima gonna buy a lcd and get rid of my beloved CRT, its gonna have to be amazing! lol btw i just got a new camera an sd1000 and i was amazed at the features and quality... what do you think this is a pic of? :)

small.jpg

gotta love steam icon

yes... but if you analyze the picture you can come to the conclusion that its the tiny icon in the system tray, in which my camera was able to focus on the individual dots of color (RGB) that make up each pixel on my CRTmonitor :eek: pretty crazy that it was able to do that.

imposter said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005088

i hear thats a crazy monitor.
Display
Panel TFT LCD
Screen Size 22"
Widescreen Yes
Display Type WSXGA+
Maximum Resolution 1680 x 1050
Recommended Resolution 1680 x 1050
Viewing Angle 170°(H) / 160°(V)
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 3000:1
Response Time 2ms
Horizontal Refresh Rate 30 kHz - 83 kHz
Vertical Refresh Rate 56 Hz - 75 Hz

intresting... but it doesnt look like its S-IPS... im sure its a good monitor but IMO its not worth spending this much if your degrading the ammount of colors you can view.

Back