• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which fans for my Scythe Infinity to overclock my Xeon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'v just bought an Antec three hundred case for a better airflow, and some extra fans,also a Konig 550 watt psu and some Ram.

I'm very curious what the better airflow will do to my temps. I hope I wil receive my stuff tomorrow and will let you know.

Waiting to hear how things are going for you. I'm hoping to see good news from you on this.

Yesterday I tested my system in a room off 82.4 F, what is qieut hot in Holland.
But the temp differences where amazing(I think). I overclocked my Xeon to 3.6 and stressed tested with prime 95. The temps before my new case where like between 176-185F (and still raising, then I stopped prime). But now my temps just hit 167F and immidiatly drop again, it wont get above that temp, what I think is qieut okay with this processor on air (who has a TjMax off 185F).

Also my PSU wont run hot at all :D

So I must thank you for your help, it whas indeed the case and the airflow, and not my Scythe cooler ;)

Ps: You guys measure temps in Fahrenheit right? Because I use a Celsius to Fahrenheit calculator.

Last edited:
Back