• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which MB to choose for i7-8700K?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have been looking at z370 as well,

Digging the Taichi vibe as well, they want to much for the Hero IMO

All Taichi I had were great. I still have X299 Taichi XE. I don't trust Gigabyte and EVGA ( even though I didn't have EVGA, all friends have mixed feelings about them ) and ASUS Prime is a basic version ... still good but Taichi offers more.

It's not an issue to OC CPU on any motherboard ( +/- 100MHz in general ). Issues are with additional things but of course there are better and worse motherboards. For sure for typical gaming it's not worth to pay for the highest motherboards as they're not changing much.

I have had good luck with Gigabyte and I like the features with the ease of overclocking, all I have done for overclocking is selected XMP for memory and 4.8GHz preset . I'm going for Gigabyte Z370 HD3 for a medium overclock.

- - - Updated - - -

That will be fine. Hell I got 5 GHz out of an i5-8600K with a economy Gigabyte Z370P-D3, the cheapest Z370 I could find at Microcenter.

How do you like the Z370P-D3 for memory overclocking can you just use XMP?

Back