• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which TCCD is the best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
I saw this a couple weeks ago.

I figured I'd share. I'm sure there are other reviews that show different, but this one showed the tightest timing at 305mhz to be PDP Patriot's XBL.

If you have other reviews please post them. I'm very interested to see who's best TCCD around here (don't go picking RAM that is insanely priced... obviously money buys the best stuff).

"PDP is also using the Brain Power PCB, however, it is a more recent revision, B6U815. Comparing the performance with the other Brain Power PCB it is clear that this revision takes the upper hand, both at tight and relaxed timings."

"These A-DATA made a very remarkable appearance, delivering speeds I did not see before when using 2 modules!"

According to this review PDP Patriot had the highest low latency frequency with 1 stick, but the A-DATA had the best with 2 sticks.

I'm just trying to figure out what the best TCCD bang for the buck is. I already have the PDP Patriot pc3200 XBL 2x512 kit.

This review combined with positive comments from several members & previous experience with OCZ led me to order OCZ Platinum rev2, though it is pricier than the others. I was set to get g.skill from newegg and found this 2x512 ocz kit in the refurb section for $240 so we'll see how it does, should be here Wed. It appears that Patriot XBL is the clear value winner. It looked like Crucial Ballistix was going to be a clear low cost challenger to TCCD but it seems like alot of people are having trouble getting much of anything from it.

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2226&p=21

G. Skill DDR720

1G G. Skill LA running at 1T (2T rated)

These are based on the new brain revision also. The new LC's will be based on the new brain PCB also and will be DDR600 rated.

kakaroto said:
Those are new GSKILL modules with other rated timings.

200MHz______550MHz_______ 600MHz
LA 2-2-2-5_______ x _______ 2.5-4-4-8__ SC/DC kit
LB 2-3-3-6_______ x _______ 3.0-4-4-8__ DC kit
LC 2-2-2-5_______ x_______ 2.5-4-4-8__ DC kit
LE 2-2-2-5_______ 2.5-3-3-7 ____x_______ DC kit
LD 2-3-3-6_______ 2.5-4-4-8 ____x_______DC kit
LF 2-3-3-6_______ 2.5-3-3-7 ____x_______ DC kit

Might want to hold off until more companys start comming out with the new revisions...

glock19owner, why don't you raise the voltage on your gskill and push 2.5-3-3-7? Your winchester can handle 275FSB 1:1?

Already tried that...the best my LC's can do is 7-4-4-2.5 24/7 100% stable (I have the first brain PCB revieison which is PC4400 rated)...they can run at 7-3-3-2.5 but error out after about 6 or 7 hours...

This is why I am starting to regret not getting the LA's when I first had them in my basket...thinking...yea...6-3-3-2/2.5 would be nice right about now...lol...

Have you tried 2.5-3-4-7?

Unless, of course, the winny holds you back.

not yet...going to give 7-4-4-2.5 a few more days to make sure I am 100%...then I am going to slowly try to work my way down to 7-3-3...hopefully I can slowly work my way to a 100% stablility that way...now I am also running at 9x285 1:1 right now...not 275 as in my sig...

But still doing some serious debating on getting the 2x256 LA kit...I kind of like that DDR600 setting since I know this 3200 controller can handle up to 320 or so...but only up to 2.78Ghz...so with the LA's I can still use the 9x to its full and still get the CPU at close it its max at the same time

Last edited:
LA's only come in 2x256 (512) DC kits right now (in the US) and they sell for 150.00 or so at newegg.

While the LE's come in 1G kits for around 280.00.

So its really hard to compair the 2 when it comes to prices...but the LA's perform better then the LE's...but most people prefer 1G kits...that is why the LE's are so popular right now...

g0dM@n said:
Have you tried 2.5-3-4-7?

Unless, of course, the winny holds you back.

Here you go...you just had to mention trying those timings :D...

7-3.JPG

Program : PiFast version 4.3 (fix 1), by Xavier Gourdon
Computation of 10000000 digits of Pi
Method used : Chudnovsky
Size of FFT : 1024 K
Physical memory used : ~ 61355 K
Disk memory used : ~ 0.00 Meg
------------------------------------------------------------
Computation run information :

Start : Tue Jan 25 22:41:57 2005
End : Tue Jan 25 22:42:31 2005
Duration : 34.16 seconds
============================================================
Total computation time : 34.16 seconds (~ 0.01 hours)

Are they going to have an 1GB LA kit and would it perform nearly as well? Also, do you think there will be even better tccd revisions soon?

azianese said:
Are they going to have an 1GB LA kit and would it perform nearly as well? Also, do you think there will be even better tccd revisions soon?

they have a 1G LA kit...they are rated at 2T though...seems like that can run at 1T though...see link in my above post...

As for the chip revision itself...I doubt it...the PCB is the main bottleneck of the chips...this is why the brain PCB has a 2nd revision

(EDIT: found out that the new chip revision is the A400 which already is being supplied on the newer G. Skills)

And Here are some inital test running at 6-4-3-2.5@285FSB/1:1 with default voltage (2.7v)...

6-3.JPG

Last edited:
Dam you g0dM@n :)...You just had to make me see what this ram could really do at PC4400... :thup:

Running in these timings right now...

5-3.JPG

could probably hit 5-3-3-2.5 if I have run 2.9v on this board...well see how long they last though...I dont expect them to be 100% stable 24/7

Heres a quick bandwidth sceenie I added after a quick reboot...

7.6G.JPG

Did you find out what you needed/wanted to know?

Last edited:
:)

I just was curious why you're not pushing your leet RAM to its fullest :D

I'm surprised there aren't more people responding to my thread :(

250 with an NF7-s?...... me jealous...... I'm on your back though... using the old school PQI TCCD......

Ive got some killer benchmarks (screenshots as well) of the same ram glock19owner has. highest I have been is 289mhz 1:1 with 2.85v and timings of 2.5-4-8-4 1T

HousERaT said:
250 with an NF7-s?...... me jealous...... I'm on your back though... using the old school PQI TCCD......

I may give it 2.9vdimm and push more. I'm still thinking about it.

See... I primed95ed for like 10+ hours at 250.6fsb, but the other day my system crashed when I was playing Counter-Strike: Condition Zero for about an hour.

Back