• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Has The Last Mobile Barton!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rpwinters said:
2400 35W: IDYHA 0449APMW from Newegg on 1/8/05. Running 12X200 with 1.775V

Thats the same one I got back in December 11 x 200 1.75 v Prime 95 stable 24 hrs. Haven't tried to push it more yet (been rather lazy)

felinusz said:
I finally got an email response.

"Thank you for contacting AMD's Technical Service Center.

Try contacting a sales office in your area. I have provided a link below to get
the number in your area.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact
me.

Sincerely,

Customer Support Analyst
AMD TSC"

Hardly useful. They completely skirted my question in fact.

I intend to telephone them however, and follow this through!

I finally got a reply, too. Pretty much the same message. I guess we didn't expect much more. (At least you may not be black listed after all, felinusz!)

Many of those people you contacted are probably (still) not aware of the news:

"AMD will ship the last contingent of these CPUs on September 1st 2005."

But 'these' means desktop CPUs (or does it?), they still *may* be making mobiles...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21377

I just got a 2600+ IDYHA 0502RPMW. I hope it does as well as Ben Cole's. The unlocked 2500+ Barton I have now is pretty good. It'll do 10x240 (2400MHz Duh) at 1.76v actual, but I need nearly 1.9v to do 10.5x240 (2520MHz). If I can just get 2500MHz with less voltage, I'll be happy.

Well it would POST at 11x240 or 2640MHz but I couldn't get into WinXP. I only went up to 1.9v though. Running right now at 10.5x240 @ 1.74v. Not too bad I guess. I got a little bump of speed over my Unlocked 2500+ desktop.

/edit- Tried 2640MHz even at 2.03v but no go. I got into WinXP but it was shaky at best.

Last edited:
Skeen said:
Well it would POST at 11x240 or 2640MHz but I couldn't get into WinXP. I only went up to 1.9v though. Running right now at 10.5x240 @ 1.74v. Not too bad I guess. I got a little bump of speed over my Unlocked 2500+ desktop.

/edit- Tried 2640MHz even at 2.03v but no go. I got into WinXP but it was shaky at best.
Perhaps your temps are to high, making your cpu unstable.

Thanks for the information, c627627. As usual, guess I'll be running obsolete systems. (Like I run around in my 1992 pickup - but it still gets me there...)

eR1k said:
Perhaps your temps are to high, making your cpu unstable.

Perhaps but I don't really get to do anything with it at that speed. There's no load to speak of. Now that I think about it I don't think the temps were all that outrageous. I recall they were something like 42C at idle. That's high compared to what I'm used to but not really high in general. I think its just a goofy chip.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when I say I had it at 2.03V, that's what its set to in the BIOS, but my NF7 (and many in general) undervolt so it was probably closer to 1.98v. Maybe I'll try to go a litlle higher sometime.

Btw that's a freakin' unbelievable oc on your mobile. Good job.

Received an IDYHA 0503TPMW today from newegg. Hope to get it installed tonight in The 2nd rig listed in my sig and post some OC results.

I just got a 2600 from newegg and it is IDYHA 0503TPMW. Same as Mustanley. Hope it does as good as my 2200 (219 x 11)

Fr3ak said:
I wouldnt be surprised either if AMD doesnt produce Socket A chips any more. I think no PC manufacturers buy socket A cpus + mainboards+ agp graphics cards. A64 rigs arent much more expensive.But socket A chips will be still available for quite a while even if AMD aint producing new chips any longer.
I'd say the era comes to an end, together with AGP :)

It will be quite a while before AGP comes to an end. I can't think of any OEMs who use pci-e, and 95% of home users are not ready to shell out that kind of money for a video card. AFAIK, there are no low-to-mid level pci-e cards on the market right now, they are all considered "gaming" cards, and many of them are selling for above MSRP. PCI-e is definitely an enthusiasts' market right now, and I can't see that changing in the forseeable future. As far as Socket A, apparently they were being produced at least as late as the 3rd week of January '05, and quite possibly later than that. Personally, I don't know how good of a reason "the imminent release of Win64" is to upgrade to A64. Do it for increased performance, sure, but not because 1) you expect Microsoft to release an OS on the target date they have announced (which has never happened, by the way) or 2) you rely on Microsoft to produce an operating system which does not have MAJOR bugs in its first iteration (which has rarely happened). Personally, I'll wait a few months for them to iron all the kinks out. I don't think software companies are going to suddenly drop 32-bit programs just because there is a new Microsoft OS out, which probaly 80-90% of people won't have for a fair amount of time. I think we're at least a year away from a 64-bit processor being a necessity, if not longer. Also, I could be mistaken, but does Intel even have a 64-bit CPU? You can rest assured that until they do, there will be absolutely no market push for 64-bit products. At any rate, my XP-M 2500+ comes in on Monday, so I'll post what I get from the egg when that comes in.

Mines been up to 2500MHz with about 1.8V stable. Needs more tweaking, I think it can do better. 2600MHz is my goal eventually. May end up water cooling it.

austinbmxnig said:
im getting one here on monday/tuesday, i'll let ya'll know how it turns out

Same here. I also got an AQYHA 2500+ last week that was 0430 which isn't all that late of a production date.

douglasb said:
Today XP-M 2600+ came in. IDYHA 0503TPMW. Anyone know much about this stepping or batch?

We would know more if more people posted their overclocking results. I think only two people semi-provided results. Lot of people receiving them, no results on how they are doing.

Clevor said:
We would know more if more people posted their overclocking results. I think only two people semi-provided results. Lot of people receiving them, no results on how they are doing.

I started a thread specifically for this in the AMD section. Let's see those results!

Guess they're still making 'em! Just got a new XP-M this morning so am adding it to this thread.

AXMG2600FQQ4C IDYHA0505VPMW

Back