• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The most recently fabricated Mobile Bartons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
I have a few quick, but specific, questions regarding Mobile Barton 2600+ processors.

Are Socket A Mobile Barton 2600+ processors still being fabricated, and if not, around what week # of this year was the last batch fabricated?

Where are most people buying the most recent (I have no interest in picking up an older chip from a large reserve of "guaranteed steppings" that some store is selling) Mobile Barton 2600+ chips?

Are there any North American retailers who have 35W Mobile Barton processors, of any stock PR speed, that were fabricated 0420 or more recently, in stock, and shipping?

That's all, information and links are much appreciated!

Last edited:
you already have the best barton and 9800pro. I am betting both are watercooled else itll be an air cooled record!

you already have the best barton and 9800pro. I am betting both are watercooled else itll be an air cooled record!

Uh, not yet I don't ;).

I'm just wondering, because it's somewhat (quite) likely that I'll be wanting to switch my current chip out for something with more potential, later on.

I'm one of those people who's in the "newer is always better" school of thought, in regards to processors that are best suited for overclocking.

youve gotta be watercooling, those are crazy clocks. If you want better its about time you get an a64. your 9800pro is easily as good as an x800 so dont bother upgrading that

Overclocker550 said:
youve gotta be watercooling, those are crazy clocks.

Check around the forums, there are a few people out there that have 2.7GHz+ AXP-M's on air. I had one @ 2.7 on air.

I ordered two XP-M 2600 two weeks ago, and they were built week 31 this year. (see sig).

According to stepping they're coming from Dresden,Germany.

I ordered two XP-M 2600 two weeks ago, and they were built week 31 this year. (see sig).

According to stepping they're coming from Dresden,Germany.

Thanks, may I ask where you ordered them from?

Week 31 is only mid-way through August... are Mobile Bartons out of fabrication?

Check around the forums, there are a few people out there that have 2.7GHz+ AXP-M's on air. I had one @ 2.7 on air.

2700 MHz stable is indeed pretty average for a Mobile Barton.

Unstable overclocks are for all intensive purposes, worthless; I can post at 2800 MHz with 1.9V ;)

youve gotta be watercooling, those are crazy clocks. If you want better its about time you get an a64. your 9800pro is easily as good as an x800 so dont bother upgrading that

I've got a peltier on the card.

Thanks Gautam :)

felinusz

Week 31 is only mid-way through August... are Mobile Bartons out of fabrication?

This is the million dollar question, right here ;).

I'm going to go "Ask AMD" right now and see if they'll shed some light - I doubt that they have a no-sharing policy on availability related information. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if they did - every other time I've contacted them I've learned nothing. I'll post their email here if they say anything.

EDIT:

---------------------------------

pwnt by pat

What watt pelt and what volts, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what did you get core-wise before adding a pelt, eg stock cpu heatsink/straight WC?

This really is off topic, hence the small type - I don't mind you asking at all, but perhaps via PM next time? :)

I have a 172W/24V peltier on 22V, underneath a Maze 4-1 waterblock, on an independant watercooling loop, with a Chevette Heatercore and an Iwaki MD 6Z AC pump. I got to around ~410 on the core with stock cooling IIRC, and didn't really do any overclocking with the card for the very brief time that I had a straight Swiftech waterblock on it. I would have to search my older posts to tell you exactly how the card did before the peltier and voltage modifications. I do however, distinctly remember that it was somewhat below average.

---------------------------------

So, about those Mobile Bartons... ;)

EDIT #2:

"Ask AMD" seems to not be working, it won't send my question in. What else is new.

So, as an alternative, I posted these questions in the "AMD Processor Support Forums", and the thread is HERE.

Last edited:
jeffp83 said:

2797mhz. 2800 poops from temps. time to grab my a/c and pipe some cold air in. :D

newegg may get ya a new 2600.... I believe the 2400+M I got a few days ago was like 0415 or something.

Felinusz - even when brand new cpus are launched the assembly dates codes are typically about 10 - 12 weeks before the actual launch date - so I would say at present around low week 30's is about the latest mobile barton cpus you will see. The latest I have seen as well is a 0431 but that was a AQHYA. It his highly likely that these are batch assembled rather than continuous assembly (due to slowing demand), therefore you may see gaps in the date codes (e.g. the next batch might be say week 34)

Felinusz - even when brand new cpus are launched the assembly dates codes are typically about 10 - 12 weeks before the actual launch date - so I would say at present around low week 30's is about the latest mobile barton cpus you will see. The latest I have seen as well is a 0431 but that was a AQHYA. It his highly likely that these are batch assembled rather than continuous assembly (due to slowing demand), therefore you may see gaps in the date codes (e.g. the next batch might be say week 34)

Thank you very much OC Detective, that's quite informative, and answers my question perfectly.

Now it's time to start shopping around for fabrication date steppings :)

Back